Seller shipped wrong product, has authorized refund but wants me to pay shipping - please help

cablvr
Contributor
Contributor

In June we ordered a children's puzzle for ages 5-8. In August the Seller shipped, and we received an adult puzzle for ages 18+. We filed a claim with PayPal. The Seller agreed the wrong item was shipped, and has agreed to refund our money, but wants me to pay the return shipping to China. PayPal has told us to pay for, and ship the item back to the Seller, and the Seller will credit our account upon receipt. PayPal has asked us to also upload the tracking information. I can see no other options to further dispute this claim. Please point me to a higher authority in PayPal to dispute this further.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Locatino
New Community Member

I had exact same issue.

Seller stated they were located in the US so I figured return shipping would be covered by PayPal guarantee.

They are actually in China.

This was a classic bait and switch fraud, sent me a much inferior item than ordered.

Offered me $20 on a $60 purchase to forget about it.

Paypal said I had to ship it back to China and they would ensure I got full refund and up to $30 for shipping.

Shipping cost to China was over $100 so this is no remedy.

After multiple interactions through Help Centre and on the phone, Paypal was completely unwilling to consider the specifics of this case. It didn't matter that I have been a customer for about 20 years or more, way back before eBay bought them.

I asked if it was worth $40 for them to lose a customer forever and this didn't matter either.

Ultimately I had no choice but to take the $20 and I will be writing to the CEO. (They won't give you an email address for corporate headquarters so I have to write a snail mail to a tech company!

Once the $20 is safely in my hands, I will close my Paypal account forever. So much for Paypal's customer service and fraud guarantee.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.