Seller shipped item months after I paid, days after I requested cancellation. Now threatening me.

Nidoqueen
Contributor
Contributor
I bought something in December that was supposed to arrive in January, there was a delay and then another delay, and it goes on and on... Well, I decided to give up and request a refund. The seller refuses, claiming they finally have the item. I even bought the item from someone else who actually had it on hand- seller says I'm a fool for doing so and told me to enjoy my second useless item. I opened a case since the seller says he's sending me the package and there's nothing I can do to get a refund. He has since updated with a tracking number, though I told him I wanted to cancel days ago. After many vulgar messages from him I say i don't feel safe accepting a package from someone like him. I don't know what he'd do to it, so no-- I won't be accepting the package. I told him I will deny the package and have it returned to sender. He turns around claiming that's mail fruad, threatening to turn me in. Saying it's a felony and I'll get in "so much trouble" I finally get someone on the phone with someone from PayPal- she tells me to return it to the sender. Do not open it, do not accept it from my delivery man. If I send it back, I will get a refund. She laughed when I told her the threats I was getting. The seller now insists that he's already reported me to eBay, USPS, Paypal for abuse and fraud. He claims he's been talking to the "paypal rep that is overseeing the case" and I'm gonna regret it-- though I know not one person gets assigned to a case... This person has nearly 1000 feedback, I wasn't expecting this level of... Whatever it is. Abuse? What do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Nidoqueen. If there is already a case opened I recommend that you attach the correspondence to the dispute case to support the documents. Just go to Resolution Center. And if there's nothing that was opened with Paypal yet then do so. The earlier you file a case then the earlier we cam help you get your money back.

There are 2 kinds of disputes:

• Item Not Received – You bought something but didn’t receive it. (Wait at least 3 days from the transaction date to give your seller enough time to ship the item.)
  • Significantly Not as Described – You received an item but it was significantly different from the seller’s original description. (You might have to pay return shipping costs, but may be eligible for Return Shipping
  • on Us. Activate Return Shipping on Us before filing your dispute to qualify for the benefit.)

Working with your seller is usually the fastest way to resolve an issue. It’s easy to work with sellers in the Resolution Centre and most sellers are willing to work with buyer’s to address whatever went wrong.

Hope this is helpful. You may click on kudo or resolved. Thank you. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.