Seller sent wrong item. I had to pay import tax. Am I getting my money back?

Pra_Va
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have this annoying issue with pelsports.com seller from whom I bought a badminton bag. Before recieving item, my countries customs asked me to declare the parcel. I went to my post office, payed import tax, which was 28€, came back home with the parcel, opened the box and saw that they sent me a different bag, that I did not order. (The bag that I got is really femenine, with pink colors. If I would use it, it would lead to some extent of discrimination in my country with the culture we have, as I am male, and would not prefer using pink colors at all. The bag that i got is completely different colour and model from what I ordered.) I wrote seller about the issue. Seller admits that this is their warehouse error. He agreed to refund me if I sent the bag back (I would have to cover shipping fees). Which would be fine with me if I would not had to pay import tax for it at the first place. I am thinking that I should not be paying for their mistakes and it is their responsibility that I payed import tax for the item that I did not order and will not be able to use. In my humble opinion they should be the ones who cover import tax that I payed and also they should be the ones who should pay shipping fees (which they refuse to do. By their words: "people from other countries pay import taxes too. We will not cover taxes and shipping money). And it does not make sense. Why should I pay for their mistakes? Why should I be the one covering import tax for the wrong bag that they sent me (that they admit) that I will not be able to use and probably will not be able to sell as the market here is so small? PayPal community, what are your thoughts on this issue? What are my options? Will I be the one covering import taxes and shipping fees? Has anyone of you, reading this, had similar experiences? For now I have not opened PayPal dispute as I was trying to communicate with the seller which is really frustrating and it seems like he started ignoring me now. I am trying to find out my options and then I will take action. Thanks for your help in advance.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.