Seller sent item after dispute escalated

Lauraesmith
Contributor
Contributor
I bought an item in depop. The seller told me they posted it, a week later no item, I messaged and she said she had the receipt in the car and it was posted recorded so she could check where it got to. Then I heard nothing for a few more days, I asked again, no response and again a few days later again no response. I opened a PayPal dispute reaching out for the tracking info, again nothing so I escalated to PayPal. 3 days later she added a ‘proof of postage’ not tracked delivery. Today the item arrived and the stamp said it was posted 2 days ago. Because it’s been escalated I cannot cancel the dispute. What do I do, because she hasn’t provided a tracking number PayPal are going to issue the refund and I can’t seem to find anywhere to clean tact them to stop it. She’s just not replying to any communication with me so I’m stumped on what to do.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauraesmith 

If you are happy with the item and you get a refund then its easy enough to just pay the seller again isn't it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lauraesmith
Contributor
Contributor
How do I send the money back? I payed through depop so don’t have her email address and she’s ignored all my communication where I have asked for a return address or email address to send the money back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lauraesmith 

Once you have a refund the ball is in the sellers court.

If she wants the item back or paying again then its up to her to reach out to you and request one or the other and you can agree to which one you want to do. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.