Seller sends package to wrong address

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay and started messaging the seller he never responded and had zero feedback so I figured it was a scam and I would get my money back after the estimated delivery date. I tried once again to contact seller before filing dispute no answer from him. So after I file he sends tracking info and it said it was already delivered but I never received anything. So I call usps and they tell me that the tracking number for the package was marked with another address not mine but same city and zip. So the seller sent the package to the wrong address and now I'm out of money and the package. And yes my address has always been the same on my eBay and paypal account it has never changed. Shouldn't I get my money back from the seller?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what scammer/sellers do is to ship an empty envelope with tracking to an outlet in your zipcode,it coould be a restaurant,store open during office hours and someone will accept/sign for it.

the staff does not know why someone sent an empty envelope and will just throw it away.

dont buy electronics from someone with no feedback or little feedback as seller

Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
exactly what happened to me ,just have to be more careful.
Login to Me Too

Deboraccardoso
Contributor
Contributor

Just got a refund back from Ebay. OMG, I was so scared and upset! I never prayed that much in my entire life, lol. It  is not fair we work so hard to buy an used thing that then somebody else just still from us like that! Thank God everything worked out.

Login to Me Too

gphi892
New Community Member

Same thing happened to me. I provided screenshots to PayPal that I gave the seller the correct address and they still sided with the sender who sent my $140 package to the wrong state. I've been trying to retrieve it for TWO MONTHS and the seller isn't willing to help. I'm very disappointed with PayPal - horrible customer service.

Login to Me Too

defisher59
Yes. Post office shows package delivered to address in my town but can't give me the address due to privacy issues.
Login to Me Too

phenders2
Contributor
Contributor

"Yes. Post office shows package delivered to address in my town but can't give me the address due to privacy issues."

USPS did give me the address it was shipped to.  I contacted the people, neighbors of my son, and they said they received

a package with cheap items.  I told this to PayPal, asking them if they required any further information.  They never asked,

my attempts to contact seller failed, but PayPal contacted seller who sent "proof" the item was delivered (not actual delivery

address  on USPS tracking).  Resolution denied.

Lesson:

1) Buy only from validated business,

2) When disputed with wrong delivery address, get the documents from the delivery company and include them with your resolution

to PayPal.

3) Contact U.S. Postal Service to have them change their policy to actual delivery address is included on their tracking.

Login to Me Too

jesushero
New Community Member

Same exact thing happened to me!  Except with UPS!  Dealing with it right now.

Login to Me Too

bytimothydayao
Contributor
Contributor
This just happened to me exact same thing.. seller shipped it to the wrong address... contacted him on GRAILED(site where i bought the item from) no relply so i file a claim and escalated it to dispute.. after like 15 mins paypal SIDED his side.. im like wtf??? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HAPPENED TO ME AFTER USING PAYPAL FOR 5 years. I copy paste them evidence like where the seller sent the item etc... Now that I CANNOT OPEN A CASE ANYMORE WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT? I KNOW THIS IS A NEW SCAM AS PAYPAL JUST NEED A TRACKING NUMBER AND THEY WON’t even check if its the right address or not
Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
send as much proof as u can. i went to the post office and they provided me proof it was sent to a diff address (not mine) and the weight of package did not add up to what i had ordered.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bytimothydayao wrote:
This just happened to me exact same thing.. seller shipped it to the wrong address... contacted him on GRAILED(site where i bought the item from) no relply so i file a claim and escalated it to dispute.. after like 15 mins paypal SIDED his side.. im like wtf??? THIS IS THE FIRST TIME HAPPENED TO ME AFTER USING PAYPAL FOR 5 years. I copy paste them evidence like where the seller sent the item etc... Now that I CANNOT OPEN A CASE ANYMORE WHAT SHOULD I DO NEXT? I KNOW THIS IS A NEW SCAM AS PAYPAL JUST NEED A TRACKING NUMBER AND THEY WON’t even check if its the right address or not

is it sent by first class m ail with no signature required?

does the zipcode match your zipcode?

if so,robot rules that the item has been delivered,seller wins.

you can either appeal,if you can prove he shipped to a different address in your zipcode or file chargeback with your cc issuer,if you win,you get your money back and he will be slapped with a chargeback fee of 20 dollars.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.