Seller sends package to wrong address

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay and started messaging the seller he never responded and had zero feedback so I figured it was a scam and I would get my money back after the estimated delivery date. I tried once again to contact seller before filing dispute no answer from him. So after I file he sends tracking info and it said it was already delivered but I never received anything. So I call usps and they tell me that the tracking number for the package was marked with another address not mine but same city and zip. So the seller sent the package to the wrong address and now I'm out of money and the package. And yes my address has always been the same on my eBay and paypal account it has never changed. Shouldn't I get my money back from the seller?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

skp703
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody had luck with UPS to get some proof? They gave me the address on the phone but no email.

Login to Me Too

skp703
Contributor
Contributor

UPS gave me a letter with the tracking and the address which clearly showed that it was delivered to wrong address.  STILL PayPal ruled in sellers favor twice. I don't know what to do. My CC company has taken it as a dispute. BUT THIS IS MY LAST PAYPAL and EBAY transaction. This sucks ...even with a letter from UPS the scammer wins. 

Login to Me Too

Paul70
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i see that u helped many people!So this is offtopic but i need to get in touch with you!I want to withdraw the money from my PayPal but i can't confirm my bank account!I confirmed my card and put money in paypal many times.I use IBAN as my bank account,and my bank is Banca Transilvania.I did not receive any statement or money so i can confirm it...How can i withdraw my money??

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Romania

Withdraw:Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
  • To your US bank account.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Find out if your bank belongs to VISA Europe,if it does,ask for a bank VISA debit card and link it to your Paypal account.

If it is not part of VISA Europe,you cant transfer to that bank.

then you have to find another way,may be send it to some who has a bank account in Visa Europe,someone you can trust

Login to Me Too

ericgan98
This just happened to me too.. I bought 3 shirts from Grailed (app) and they provided me the tracking numbers. It said delivered but I have received nothing. Called UPS and they told me the receiver address and name did not even match mine! It is deliver to the same city but totally different name and address on all 3 packages. What am I suppose to do now.. I filed dispute to Paypal but reading this thread seems like the scammer has the upper hand on this.
Login to Me Too

jaughunt
Contributor
Contributor

This also happened to me!!! I purchased a toy from imeldashop.com.  I thought I was protected since I paid with PayPal.  

Seller provided tracking number so PayPal found in favor of seller.  UPS says it was not sent to my name or address!!  They can't tell me where it was delivered due to privacy but it sounds like a business of some sort.  

I am so upset.  PayPal has really let me down.  All they had to do is check with UPS and they would know it wasn't even delivered to me.  

Login to Me Too

239missy
Same thing just happened to me!! I’m beyond frustrated with PayPal. I bought a Fitbit watch for $135, never got it.. filed dispute. PayPal sided with seller because he then provided tracking info that says it was delivered. I contacted UPS and it wasn’t delivered to my address. PayPal denied me a refund TWICE!!! So now I’m out a watch and $135! I provided proof to paypal from UPS saying it wasn’t delivered to my address, and they still deny me. HORRIBLE customer service!!!!
Login to Me Too

Tinkertoes123
This literally just happened to me. Sent package with wrong name and address. Luckily I paid with my Visa and was able to get a full refund. The seller refused to give me the tracking number at first until I made a dispute with ebay. I don't think I'll order from ebay again. Now I'm wondering how I can report this scam seller. They have more items up for sell to scam another. Another note, when i checked to tracking details it says this supposed package weighed 15lbs! The item I ordered was less than a pound. So now I'm wondering if the item I bought was even shipped at all.
Login to Me Too

takster
New Community Member

Just happened to me twice, $300 worth of merchandise together, and it was definitely Paypal at fault, not myself nor the seller. It sent it to my old address, which I deleted from my account months ago! It's not a billing address nor a shipping address on my Paypal settings. Paypal needs to do right by it's clients in this instance.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.