Seller sends package to wrong address

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on ebay and started messaging the seller he never responded and had zero feedback so I figured it was a scam and I would get my money back after the estimated delivery date. I tried once again to contact seller before filing dispute no answer from him. So after I file he sends tracking info and it said it was already delivered but I never received anything. So I call usps and they tell me that the tracking number for the package was marked with another address not mine but same city and zip. So the seller sent the package to the wrong address and now I'm out of money and the package. And yes my address has always been the same on my eBay and paypal account it has never changed. Shouldn't I get my money back from the seller?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you still have a chance, make sure your submit documentation to show he shipped to a different address.  Seller protection requires seller to ship to the buyer's PayPal address.

You'll need proof from the USPS for the tracking, unless it shows on USPS.com.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you file a dispute for non-delivery?

Login to Me Too

NIKKI4466
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I did then he sent tracking info so they closed the case it was in his favor since he sent the info. Now I'm appealing the case cause he sent to wrong address. I heard most cases don't win their appeal. This just sucks cause he should be in the wrong.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you still have a chance, make sure your submit documentation to show he shipped to a different address.  Seller protection requires seller to ship to the buyer's PayPal address.

You'll need proof from the USPS for the tracking, unless it shows on USPS.com.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Ups will not tell you what address they sent it to due to security reasons. But paypal already knows this. Paypal sucks
Login to Me Too

HOHO7
Contributor
Contributor
Ups email me informed address delivery. I win the case. Frist they said no, but today they asked supervisor, they agreed give me informed address delivery. Also can ask paypal call check, they did for me. They can asked seller give them receipt show address delivered. You can call credit card dispute also
Login to Me Too

gotscammed123
Contributor
Contributor

I submitted an email from a supervisor at UPS stating the tracking number was not intended for me, it was not addressed to me nor sent to my address and PayPal still denied my claim.  I'm filing a police report.  Wonder if the news would be interested or if we have a class action law suite here since it looks like there are so many people with the same complaint.  

Login to Me Too

Annibel
Contributor
Contributor
Count me in. My delivery has an address of bld K receptionist signed..43223. Do you think that's enough?
Login to Me Too

SharyMary

@gotscammed123 for what did you file a police report? I am trying to do the same, but I am not sure what to put on the report. It is not theft isn’t it? I hope u can help me. Thanks😊 

Login to Me Too

MIke3846

I had the same thing, it seems to me to be quite the scam.  I filed a claim and was denied because the seller-provided a tracking number.  The post office said that the tracking number was to a different address than mine.  They told me this a common scam.  They will deliver a package to one person and provide that same tracking number to lots of other people.   Then Pay Pal shuts down the claim and there is nothing you can do. They also said it is very common for packages from China to have the wrong address on them.  Of course, the seller's website is no longer active and I can't reach them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.