Seller sends package to wrong address - Item: eBay iPad - Post Up If You This is You.

musicstudioman
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased about Jul 24.   Ipad 12 3rd Gen. 256  Zero feedback seller.  Location is WA but shipped from TX.   10 Ipads were sold, marked as New.

Price was slightly under market (~ 700)

USPS confirms (call 800 or visit your local office manager) that the tracking number does NOT match my eBay/PP address of more than 7 years.  No secondary address etc.  Mine offered to email me but nothing yet.  But know that if you open up via USPS customer service 800 it is automatically escalated on your local post office after like 72 hours or more.

My messages are courteous to the seller.  Messages just asking if it was insured etc.  No response at all.  Mistake or scam, it should not be on the buyer if the address is wrong. 

eBay bots will pick up on the "Delivered" status of the tracking number. You'll know this if you see "The seller opened a case" and few minutes later you get another message/email right away stating they have ruled in the sellers favor with the message stating "We will not refund you"

Search for "Scammers Selling Tracking Numbers" in Google similar to this scam.  USPS tells me they are seeing an increase where someone just sends an envelope or empty box to any address in your area and boom, you are out your money.   USPS cannot reveal the actual delivery address.  They see the From and To address only.  No names.  They will give you the weight and how much the shipper paid for shipping.  

If you are experiencing a similar situation please add to the thread.

In 2020 and beyond, there really is no excuse for allowing Seller "mistakes" or actual fraud like this.  There's just no need for now.

Commiserations 😕

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.