New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I'll keep it in list form to make it easier to read the timeline:
- I purchased item on Dec 24, 2020
- I asked for shipping code on Dec 28, 2020, seller said the item is sent out already, telling me to be patient
- no communication for more than a month from the seller
- I asked for shipping number on Feb 2, 2021, the seller said there's stock issues, meaning they lied to me on Dec 28
- I asked for a refund on Feb 8, 2021, they tell me to be patient, because the item has been sent. I don't believe this, so I said I will escalate to Paypal
- Reported to PayPal on Feb 12, 2021, asking for a refund for an item I don't receive
- Seller sent to Paypal shipping code for a Feb 20 shipping (which means they lied again on Feb 28)
- The shipping code is a fraudulent shipping code, because it's sent from a different country, and addressed not to my address/postal code
- I tried to report it to PayPal, but somehow PayPal don't let me upload my screenshot of the fraudulent shipping
- PayPal shows estimation date of resolution, but every time the date coming close, it's kept being pushed back to later date
- I tried to send message to PayPal, but PayPal keep directing me to the same resolution page, or "ask community", which basically push me to not being able to do anything
- I tried to change case type just for the sake of adding new proofs, somehow the case type changed to inaccurate item
- Seller told PayPal that they will refund if I return the item. How can I return an item that I never receive?
- This make me certain that seller has been 'entertaining PayPal' which caused the resolution date to be pushed back again and again, and PayPal seems to letting this happening
- I still can't get the resolution center to allow me uploading the proof of fraud, and the date keep being pushed back again
- The latest estimation for date of resolution is April 7, according to PayPal, which is 101 days after the purchase date
- PayPal has pushed back resolution date to April 13
- I am certain that PayPal is enabling the seller to continue it's fraud and keeping my money
- 101 days since date of purchase, not only I don't receive the item, my money is held by PayPal and the seller. This supposed to be a gift. Not only I missed the chance to give the gift, the fund also not returned to me to allow me purchasing a different gift.
my question is, please tell me how can I ask PayPal why they allow dispute to go on this long, I am losing faith in PayPal already.
“- I tried to change case type just for the sake of adding new proofs, somehow the case type changed to inaccurate item
- Seller told PayPal that they will refund if I return the item. How can I return an item that I never receive?”
Because you have what my culture calls “too many hands” or “busy hands” and had to change the case to Significantly not as described—meaning you are now claiming you received something but not as described so of course you are now asked to return what you receive...making it even worse for yourself.
I bet the seller is cracking up laughing if their tracking is fake and now you claim you received something.
Should have just messaged PayPal at the message center (bell icon) regarding the case with pdf attachments of evidence of fake tracking. Take the time to do that now and explain the situation switching the case back to “item not received” if they’ll allow it.
Go here and scroll to the bottom and click Message Us, don’t forget to reference the case ID
If they don’t change it back to Item Not Received, this PayPal dispute is done for so might as well just call your card issuer if you paid by card to open a chargeback.
well, after waiting for many, many days (months!) and no response from PayPal (except for keep pushing back the date of resolution), then one would wonder if there's even any hand on the matter. Since late February, I have tried to use the message center, but the bot keep directing me to "ask community" instead. It's only recently I get a reply on message center, and finally they said they get new information (based on the change case thing, which they change back to item not received). But even so, they still say that "they are reviewing the matter" and pushed back the resolution date again to April 7. And now, without no update at all, they push it back again to April 13. It's very clear that they are showing bad intent with the fake shipping code, and yet PayPal is not convinced yet? one would wonder what has the seller said to make their case