Seller says their account is frozen

ropsu
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Is it true that if I make a complaint it freezes the sellers account? I requested £50 refund, but we mutually agreed to £43. This is a private seller, not a company. Now the seller claims that they cannot send me the agreed amount of money back, because I have requested £50. They say I should change it, but I don't know how.  I have not marked the case as resolved. I have not escalated the case to PayPal either. Tips on what I should do?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ropsu 

He is perfectly able to offer you a part refund and you accept and get that part refund during the dispute process, that is what it is for.

If he doesn't then escalate to a claim but as paypal don't get involved in part refunds you may have to return the item for a full refund if they find in your favour.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ropsu
Contributor
Contributor
The seller claims it is not possible for them to refund me partly and wants me to close the dispute. They say the account is frozen completely.
Login to Me Too

ropsu
Contributor
Contributor

So... I told the seller to send me the original requested refund of £50 and I would send back the £7, but now they claim they are unable to do that too. Starts to look like that they are just trying to scam me.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @ropsu

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a refund and a dispute.  @kernowlass is correct, the seller in a dispute does have the ability to offer a refund or suggest a partial.  It is never a good idea to close a dispute unless you're satisfied with the outcome.  Here's a little information, with the difference of a dispute and a claim: Dispute vs Claim.  If you're not satisfied with the seller's response in the dispute please escalate it to a claim so PayPal can review it.  Here's how to escalate your dispute to a claim: Escalate dispute to a claim

I hope this helps!

Michelle 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.