Seller's no response

timi3
Contributor
Contributor

I sent to cancellation request to seller and seller replied to me saying order would be cancelled and refund would be made.

But no refund has not been made and seller did not respond. While waiting, I missed deadline to escalate this claim to paypal, so my case will not be opened again. How can I deal with this situation? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @timi3 ,

Hope everything is well.

Since the case was not escalated to a claim and it close up on you, we no longer have an option to reopen.

But you still have an option to file a chargeback through your credit card issuer or through your bank.

What is a chargeback?

Hope this can help.

Keep safe.

Julz07

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Julz07
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @timi3 ,

Hope everything is well.

Since the case was not escalated to a claim and it close up on you, we no longer have an option to reopen.

But you still have an option to file a chargeback through your credit card issuer or through your bank.

What is a chargeback?

Hope this can help.

Keep safe.

Julz07

Login to Me Too

timi3
Contributor
Contributor

thank you.

I did submitted dispute through credit card company and finally got a credit from the statement.

my another question is..

I used paypal special coupon for this damn purchase and is there any way to get the coupon recovered?

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @timi3 

Thank you for posting on our community forum.  I'm so glad that you are able to recover the money as i know the importance of  having to resolve the issue specially now the we are facing a crisis.  As to your question  " is there any way to get the coupon recovered?" well those coupon are for promo only and it's covered by Buyers Protection.   Again i was so happen that i was able to be instrumental in solving your problem.  Stay Safe. 

**** If you find my post very helpful please enrich the community by giving me kudos or accepting it as a solution. ******

Login to Me Too

Teddy25
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @timi3 

Hope all is well.  I know how frustrated you are right now since the case was closed in favor of the seller.  i totally agree with  @Julz07 you will now try to find option outside of PayPal like contacting your bank.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.