Seller requesting information from me outside of resolution center during dispute

versep
New Community Member

Hey guys,

I've recently put in a dispute against a Seller, the product received did not match what was described as sold.

Almost immediately, the seller emailed me directly outside of the resolution center asking for pictures and information. It is my understanding that all communication should be done through the resolution center since PayPal will be able to review the conversation there.

I'd really appreciate if someone could provide some guidance on how I should approach this situation, should I wait until the seller responds in the resolution center, or should I respond to them privately through email?

Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well PayPal only sees what you present in the resolution center so of coursw that is the best place to have conversation with the seller, including pictures. However, personally I wouldn'y mind sending seller evidence directly, but just remember that resolution center is the critical space regarding your money.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

William9
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Well PayPal only sees what you present in the resolution center so of coursw that is the best place to have conversation with the seller, including pictures. However, personally I wouldn'y mind sending seller evidence directly, but just remember that resolution center is the critical space regarding your money.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siti

Hi @versep,

If you haven't received your item, the item you received doesn't match the original product description, you didn't authorize a transaction, or there's been a billing error we have a dispute process to help you and your seller resolve the issue in a friendly way. When possible, you should always try contacting your seller before disputing a payment through PayPal. You have up to 180 days after you sent the payment to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click on the transaction you'd like to file a complaint about.
  3. Click Resolution Center near the bottom of the page.
  4. Choose which type of issue you would like to report.
  5. Enter the details of your complaint.
  6. Click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

Here's how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

6. Click Submit.

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days.

To check the status of your claim, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center.

To learn more about the specifics of PayPal Purchase Protection, click Security at the bottom of any PayPal page.

If you do not have a PayPal account, you'll need to sign up for a PayPal account to file the dispute. You'll need to locate the original email receipt for the transaction.

Here's how to get started:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
  2. Click Sign Up at the top of the page.
  3. Complete the sign up form.
  4. Enter the credit card number used to make the purchase.
  5. Click sign up again.

You have to open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. You then have up to 20 days to communicate with the seller. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. This escalation must happen within the 20 day time period.

To learn more about the specifics of PayPal Purchase Protection, click Security at the bottom of any PayPal page

If you haven't received your item, the item you received doesn't match the original product description, you didn't authorize a transaction, or there's been a billing error we have a dispute process to help you and your seller resolve the issue in a friendly way. When possible, you should always try contacting your seller before disputing a payment through PayPal. You have up to 180 days after you sent the payment to file a dispute.

Here's how to open a dispute:

6. Click Submit.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

Here's how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

6. Click Submit.

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days.

To check the status of your claim, log in to your PayPal account and visit the Resolution Center.

To learn more about the specifics of PayPal Purchase Protection, click Security at the bottom of any PayPal page.

If you do not have a PayPal account, you'll need to sign up for a PayPal account to file the dispute. You'll need to locate the original email receipt for the transaction.

Here's how to get started:

1. Go to the PayPal website.
  2. Click Sign Up at the top of the page.
  3. Complete the sign up form.
  4. Enter the credit card number used to make the purchase.
  5. Click sign up again.

You have to open a dispute with PayPal within the timeframe noted in the transaction details. You then have up to 20 days to communicate with the seller. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim. This escalation must happen within the 20 day time period.

To learn more about the specifics of PayPal Purchase Protection, click Security at the bottom of any PayPal page

Regards,

June

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.