Seller refuses to send refund or product

KrishMitchinson
Contributor
Contributor

Seller told me first that he didn't have access to his account after i sent payment. He asked me to then ask for a refund which i did through the disputes.

He then says he has access to his account after i have raised the dispute.

He then tells me he has to pay a fee to refund and says he doesn't have the money to pay the refund fee.

He tells me to cancel the dispute so that the money will become available in his account and he will send it via friends a family which has no fees. Obviously I'm not going to cancel the dispute as that leaves me with no protection.

He then refuses to send the product as he doesn't have the "cash" available in his account. I explained to him he doesn't get it till i confirm receipt of the product.

So seller refuses refund because he doesn't have the money to pay the fee, and also refuses to send the product.

I need to speak to an agent from Paypal but cant get through to any. This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KrishMitchinson 

Open a dispute for non receipt of item and escalate to a claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KrishMitchinson
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute is open. I cant escalate it till the 28th. But the seller has no intention of sending the item or refunding me. I have pictures of our whole conversation that i can send to paypal but they aren't available because of COVID. I want this sorted asap but its impossible to speak to someone at paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KrishMitchinson 

Escalate when you can and go from there.

Phoning paypal won't make any difference you have to go through the claims process.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KrishMitchinson
Contributor
Contributor

That's ridiculous. My money is now tied up in this. I wanted to get a ps5 but if it comes out now i wont be able to because my money is tied up in this transaction. There's no way of speeding up the process even with all the evidence of the seller refusing everything ?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.