Seller refused refund of faulty item and associated Paypal claim closed

BryanL1
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a laptop battery which turned out to be faulty. (wasn't recognisable by the laptop) I tried to contact the seller for several weeks to get repair or refund. After I failed to secure seller's response, I claimed a dispute to Paypal.

Almost instantly after the claim, the seller suggested full refund if I return the item. (delivery cost out of my pocket)

Return address was international - till then I thought the seller was Australian local vendor. (website and parcel sender indicated Australia based)

Anyway I had to pay $21 of international delivery fee and sent out the laptop battery.

However the seller refused the refund by saying the item was altered in my possession, which was false. I kept the item in it's original status and I also wrapped it with protective packaging materials while packing for delivery. Paypal claim was closed in the seller's favour without giving me a chance to dispute. Seems like I can't open new claim with the same Paypal transaction.

Folks, any option that I can move on the case?

I suspect the seller intentionally proposed the refund to make me pay delivery cost.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.