Seller providing service seeking for an advice/to escalate or not

IvanI1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone. Hope you're all fine during these unconventional corona times.

I need your advice. Im a seller, a web developer providing service. More specifically, Ive maintained buyers website. Most important thing was to ensure that website functions perfectly. I fulfilled my obligation and buyer said it too. Buyer paid me fixed amount on a monthly basis for this service. And currently, I have a situation with buyer.

Buyer decided to stop working with me, opened dispute and asked for the full refund. However, I dont think full refund is fair here. Ive worked for approximately 9-10 days, fulfilling 1/3 of the work Ive been paid for. In other words, it would be justified to return 2/3 of the payment. And I offered that amount to buyer. Buyer refused it and asked for evidence that Ive worked for the mentioned 9-10 days. Of course, Ive provided proofs for the work I did. Website also functioned smoothly for specific period I was in charge. However, buyer is now refusing all these proofs and the fact website worked excellent. Buyer said too that site worked fine during the time I was in charge.

Long story short, last message I sent to buyer was that it may be a good idea to escalate the matter to PayPal since we cannot reach an agreement. Dispute is now in Waiting buyers response stage.

My question for you is the following. What should I do now? Should I escalate the case to PayPal? Or should I just wait for buyer to reply? Im not smart on what to do here because I dont have much experience with these matters. Ive been PayPal user for what I think is well over 10 years, and maybe had like 2 disputes. Im anxious robots will just decide in buyers favor, but again, maybe human is dealing with the dispute. What would you do? Any recommendation will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

IvanI1
Contributor
Contributor

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Login to Me Too

IvanI1
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone following. Of course outcome was decided in buyer's favour. Like evidences of performed work mean anything... Just appealed then I'll call and call. This is just not fair.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.