Seller provided resolution but did not work the way they promised

sunil_93745
New Community Member

Seller has  provided me resolution and stretched time on discussion so I could not escalate my case as I accepted resolution , so my case got closed in Paypal abut they did not do what they promised in resolution but Paypal is denying to do anything now as my case has been already closed and Paypal can not do anything . Should I take legal action against Paypal as there are conversation of seller promises in case conversation where they offered me resolution but they did not do what they promised. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunil_93745 

NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund or your item.

Doesn't matter what the seller states they will do to resolve it, they can easily go back on anything 'said' once you have closed the dispute.
You should have escalated to a claim.
Then if you were awarded a refund and the item turned up its easy enough to just pay the seller again.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction and paypal warns you BEFORE you close it not to do so unless everything has been sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sunil_93745 

NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund or your item.

Doesn't matter what the seller states they will do to resolve it, they can easily go back on anything 'said' once you have closed the dispute.
You should have escalated to a claim.
Then if you were awarded a refund and the item turned up its easy enough to just pay the seller again.

You are only allowed 1 dispute per transaction and paypal warns you BEFORE you close it not to do so unless everything has been sorted.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BonniestA
New Community Member

I am in this exact same position.  I need to raise to dispute today but they have said they will pay Friday.  Your response has helped me decide to raise to a claim today rather than trust they will do as asked.

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.