Seller protection doesn't actually protect the seller when the parcel is lost enroute. Please help!

VOneschuk
Contributor
Contributor

I recently shipped 2 packages to a person in the USA from Canada.  They didn't choose tracked shipping so I sent it regular small packet air.  I have done this a bunch of times and never had any problem.  After awhile they reached out to me indicating that they didn't receive either package.  A claim was opened with Paypal and we both provided info for them to review.  I had the post office receipts showing that I had shipped both parcels but because they choose not to have them tracked, it was like they were in postal limbo.  Eventually Paypal sided with the buyer and gave them back their money.  I don't feel like this is fair as now I am the one out $260 for items that I clearly shipped and were lost along the way.  I feel like in cases like this, Paypal should be supporting both parties.  When I read Paypal's Seller Protection policy, the way I read it, is that if you have proof of shipping (which I have), I would be covered in a case like this.  So, based on this expensive lesson; a person can buy something off a seller, choose non tracked for shipping and just say that they never received it and Paypal would refund them.  This is a dangerous path to take for all sellers.  I think Paypal needs to amend this policy as it misleads sellers into thinking that they will protected when something happens.  After an exhausting back and forth with Paypal for months, I am extremely disappointed in how they handled my claims and if I had another option for this type of business I would happily switch.  Debating on contacting the Better Business Bureau, any help or suggestions???  Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.