Seller protection? Doesn’t seem like it.

Kite1992
Contributor
Contributor

Edit: I don’t know how Seller Protection doesn’t cover all intangible goods.

https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/paypal-seller-protection

It says seller protection covers services, and how is digital art not a service? 

Long story short, I did a piece of digital art for someone who then issued a chargeback for it almost 2 months later. I have sent Paypal screenshots of the buyer ordering and receiving the art piece (even displaying it in their character gallery). 

Despite all this, I get an email from PayPal saying the disputed amount will be debited from my account as intangible goods are not covered under seller protection. Of course I went investigating, and the Seller Protection page clearly states protection is given for certain intangible goods, and to confirm this, the transaction details clearly show that my transaction includes seller protection.

To add insult to injury, the email from PayPal states that I will be charged a 10USD chargeback fee.

What the hell, PayPal? Not only do I lose money from completing a piece of art and delivering it, but I have to pay a fee for someone else’s mean spiritedness? 

Disclaimer: I stated clearly in the invoice that it was a digital art piece and no physical item will be shipped. I tried everything to protect myself as a digital artist. This is exceedingly unjust. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kite1992

There is buyer protection for intangible goods but not seller protection.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kite1992
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/paypal-seller-protection

It says seller protection covers services like software development and web design, and how is digital art not a service? I get commissioned to do a piece and I do it, like web design. If they were clearer about what constitutes a service and what doesn’t... 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.