Seller privately asking to cancel dispute

MissKore
New Community Member

I feel like my instincts about this are probably correct, but I want to be sure. I ordered a pair of boots in December of 2019, with the shipping stated as being 5-12 business days. After waiting a full month and not getting shipping notifications or any follow up, I contacted the company asking for an update. I was told they didn't have the materials to make my boots...but that they'd be sent out "ASAP". After waiting 3 more weeks, I contacted again asking for a refund and was told that my order was being cancelled and they'd escalate the refund. They said to check back "in time". Still nothing. Messaged again about refund, and got no response. I opened a dispute on PayPal and immediately received an email from them stating that they were issuing the refund, that the holiday had disrupted it but that if I cancel the dispute, they can get me my refund faster. They said it ties up things on their end until they deal with the "consequences of the dispute". 

To me this sounds like if I cancel the dispute, I have no assurance that I will be getting my refund at all. It seems really strange and I don't feel comfortable closing a claim without having gotten my money back. Especially when my initial purchase was 2 months ago... Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.