Seller not responding to dispute

Shurak
Contributor
Contributor
What happens if the seller never responds to the dispute before the case closes? Do I still receive my refund for items not received?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hi Shurak,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

If you file a dispute, you need to escalate the dispute to a claim before it automatically closes. If you do not, you will not automatically receive a refund from the merchant if they do not respond. 

If you have escalated your dispute to a claim, the payment will be refunded to you if the merchant does not respond within the provided time frame. 

Here is how to escalate a dispute to a claim so that PayPal may review the transaction and make a decision: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Rich

Hi Shurak,

Thanks for reaching out to the PayPal Community. 

If you file a dispute, you need to escalate the dispute to a claim before it automatically closes. If you do not, you will not automatically receive a refund from the merchant if they do not respond. 

If you have escalated your dispute to a claim, the payment will be refunded to you if the merchant does not respond within the provided time frame. 

Here is how to escalate a dispute to a claim so that PayPal may review the transaction and make a decision: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

alau024
Contributor
Contributor

I am in similar situation.  I filed a dispute but the seller has not responded within 10 days.  There is no escalate to claim button in the case page.  What can I do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.