Seller not responding, claim queries.

SumairaShafqat
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I recently purchased a product from a seller from Gumtree (Australia). We had conversed for a while and finally decided on a price, he provided me with his PayPal and I proceeded to send the funds (through goods and services). However, a day later, the day the item was meant to be posted, I contacted the seller once more and to my surprise he disappeared (stopped responding to my messages on Gumtree) I took immediate action and went to PayPal, filed a claim and this is where I’m confused. The PayPal staff member told me they give ten days to the seller and if he has not given a response in the time period they will issue me a refund. However, on the case it says that the seller is expected to respond before June 02, way off the ten day limit? Do I have to wait more than ten days? But, underneath it, it says they’ll review the info and it takes five days. Lastly, it states that the case will resolve on the 18th, five days from today. So, when should I expect a refund? Thanks for anyone looking into this, appreciate it a lot.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @SumairaShafqat thank you for clarifying the timeframe with us. I know it's really confusing if you are getting 2 or 3 different information. I apologize for the confusion. Ideally for item NOT received case,we are giving the seller 10 days to respond like providing tracking number,however due to Cov19 pandemic we are giving them up to 20 days to respond. Please keep in mind that you can escalate the dispute 7 days from the original transaction. Once it is escalated to a claim PayPal will kick in. We are giving them 10 days to work on the dispute if this can't be fixed with the buyer,we'll be the one to make a decision. One thing for sure,it's more accurate to use the date on the email as reference. We'll keep you posted through email. Please make sure your claim has been escalated because for the dispute phase that's only an avenue for the buyer and seller to resolve the issue. PayPal is NOT involved yet. With regards to your concern about refund,once we close the case in your favor the money will go back to the original funding source. If you've used your debit/credit card it'll take 2-5 business days which could also take up to full billing cycle and 3-5 business days for bank. If this post or any other was helpful, you may enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.Stay safe and take care.
Login to Me Too

JennSalsberg
New Community Member
Hello! I opened a dispute with no response for the last 19 days. I understand that it's 20 days for the seller to remedy but they aren't. I tried to open an escalation but there literally is no button on the page in the resolution center where the help center says that it should be located. I really need help to get back the $700 for the item I did not receive. Can anyone @PayPal assist?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.