Seller not providing RMA and return address

eggman2112
New Community Member

I purchased a laptop battery and I was trying to return it. The seller has sent the same form letter which seems suspicious twice:

"We agree to return this battery.

But this is not our fault so we afraid you'be responsible for return shipping fee and charged restocking fee(according to return policy it is 10%).

Do you agree with it? Or would you prefer to keep this battery for a while?

We will inform you to ship it out and refund it to you when other client needs it in Canada?

If so, you don't need to pay for restocking fee.

Please let me know about your idea and we will solve it for you."

So what company gets customers to ship returns as new to other customers? I have never heard of that.

Long story short - I called VISA and they say try to get PayPal to help resolve the issue with the seller. However I didn't buy the item through my PayPal but the seller uses PayPal to process VISA payments so there's no transaction record in my PayPal account - only in my bank account.

How can I get PayPal to contact the seller when there is no transaction record in PayPal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eggman2112

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eggman2112

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eggman2112
New Community Member

Sweet Thanks! I don't usually buy as a guest but I will not do that again! I like having all the transactions listed in my paypal and my bank.

Login to Me Too

eggman2112
New Community Member

OK called paypal and the voice menu keeps asking for the amount of the item which it cannot find of course due to being a guest purchase through VISA.

I figured out to say "customer support" and it put me in a call back queue of 39 to 58 minutes.

So its not looking too promising with paypal right now. I actually think they would have a problem finding the transaction if it doesn't exist in my transaction list.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

why cant yu just go to your cc issuer and file a chargeback?

what the seller is doing is that if someone else buy same battery,he will ask you to ship to him ,by doing so,you save on restocking fee.

this is amateur gibbish,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.