Seller is a FRAUD...PayPal will do/did NOTHING?

bendgrabankles
Contributor
Contributor

I first contacted PayPal due to not receiving a shipping tracking number of my order of the Cordless 20volt DeWalt 10pc kit for 91.03, PayPal then got the info and I tracked the package and then I got a pair of broken sunglasses in the mail. Right away this told me that PayPal and myself are victims of FRAUD! I used many methods to make PayPay aware of this issue! PayPal did NOTHING I used the Resolution center they claimed the issue was resolved and the person on the phone could barely speak English and after I spent 40mins on the phone explaining very clear ...I was HUNG UP ON....PAYPAL hung up on their customer who is a victim of FRAUD........ I've made many attempts to have PayPal use email to have me show the proof of what I ordered and what I received was TOTALLY different...PayPal has NO interest in resolving the issue or protecting future PayPal customers from becoming a VICTIM of this FRAUD......I'm ready to write a letter to the BBB....it's time for PayPal to own up to their mistakes...open good email communications...find clear speaking and knowledgeable people to do what is right...to actually take the time to resolve the problem...not hit the "resolve" button cuz it's the easy way out....................   ooooohhh WAIT!

wait wait......the phone was on speaker waiting for me to try and get another PayPal Rep to help me...This time PayPal took the time...this person spoke a little too fast...but slowed down and we where able to open this case up again under a different issue that the Resolution Cent would not do...

I will now wait to see if Pay Pal will come through.......This should really be easier to do in the Resolution center program.........but here we are.....thanks for listening to my issue folks..let's see how PayPal comes through with this very suspicious thing that happened!!!.... 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bendgrabankles 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Which dispute did you open? If it was for 'non receipt' then you would lose if the seller provided a tracking number so did you change it to 'not as described'?
HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bendgrabankles
Contributor
Contributor

Kerknowlass, Is very right on all the advice and buyer must be more aware...ALONG with PayPal... From reading what

was said in this reply...it tells me this is NOT the first time...so why did PayPal not catch on? They would see more of this than

myself or the Victim if you will.......However...I will ad this china-fraud company was a bit more savy(tricky) even PayPal missed it's 

ploy.....game.....I will say this...If PayPal changed their "Resolution Site"  a little bit....this would have been caught from the get go...also the

Reso-site does NOT let the customer respond to the "open case" even just a couple of days later...If Action is going to happen...communication

channels need to be open. Old saying...the Engineer who made the product(site) need to listen to the repairman(sucker) who has to fix the flaws

Login to Me Too

bendgrabankles
Contributor
Contributor

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.

This is where I am at the moment...I think.....Both the Credit Card and PayPal are on board with what the hell took place

.......Sad part was...  ...both of them...did NOT leave or even allow open communication channels despite my attempts to communicate...and where in a hurry to shut the case down..and have the customer suffer... I guess my persistence of  "squeaky wheel" did the trick...but should never had to do that...

I wonder how this "charge back" thing works?  And will PayPal and Credit Card do what is right...here in this matter?  Thanks in advance for those who replied to my situation and for the info provided...  I will now be more alert and aware of this sham stuff...Thanks again

Login to Me Too

bendgrabankles
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal.....just sent me another garbage email trying to remove themselves from the situation...now they want to pass the buck onto the credit card company...but not offer them any of the info they found of the FRAUD... Folks...PayPal is just another BIG company...they do NOT care about you or protecting you as they claim...it all comes down to Dollar$ and no Sense(cents)

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Contact your credit card company and file a chargeback. I had to do so this week and my bank issued a permanent credit right away. They will deal with PayPal themselves and get the money back. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.