Seller is Xiuwen Co. LTD. Item is grossly underpriced. Is this purchase a scam? @#$%^&*()_

blitzkow
New Community Member

I just purchased a new 12 foot boat called Intruder. The typical cost for such a boat should be in the range of $500-$1000. Their price is $84.42 and no shipping charge. Paypal says to contact the seller. The seller only gives an email address. They provide an email address. Seller info is Xiuwen Co. LTD.  I sent an email to the designated address. I haven't heard anything. The seller has not indicated any information regarding expected delivery time. How do I find out if this offering is a scam?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

nevergiveup3
Contributor
Contributor

It is most likely a scam!  I have done some research on these companies because I too got scammed by one of them called Ruby Reefy aka Kiminoko LTD.  I ordered the bumper boats, 3 of them for one hundred thirty dollars on July 7, 2021.  Less than 2 hours later I sent an email requesting to cancel.  The first reply said they would cancel with a $5 restocking fee, within minutes I rec'd another reply saying the items had already shipped which I knew was BS.  They did provide a YunExpress tracking number, which for over a month had no updates whatsoever. 

I filed a Paypal dispute, but since this was the first time I had ever disputed a Paypal transaction, I didn't realize how they worked.  The 1st level dispute is just an email to the scammer company.  They replied with the tracking number and the dispute was promptly closed.  I wasn't even notified that Paypal had closed it! To get Paypal involved you have to escalate it to a claim through their resolution center, which is hard to find on the Paypal website.  And you can not access it on the App, has to be the website. I actually could not find it at all until I googled "Paypal Resolution Center" and and found a link I could follow, but be careful following unknown links!.

On August 20th I filed a 2nd dispute and escalated it to a claim for items not rec'd.  Well, wouldn't you know it, on 8/24 the tracking # shows that the "item" had reached the sorting facility in SHENZHEN. Fast forward to 9/4 when it said the "item" had been delivered to my mailbox.  I was out of town, but scratching my head as to how the USPS fit a package with 3 person-sized bumper boats into my mailbox lol.  Well, what had been delivered was nothing but a piece of bubble wrap with a tracking label on it.  Scammed!!  I couldn't figure out how to update my open claim, so I started a chat message with Paypal customer service referencing my claim ID # and stating what had come in the mail.  But... I made the mistake of saying I had rec'd a piece of plastic with the tracking # on it.  I tried to send a pic but the paypal rep said it must be corrupted, ok....  What I MEANT was the tracking # was affixed to a plastic-y piece of material ie bubble wrap.  Well, the PP rep jump on that and said that since I had rec'd SOMETHING they were changing the claim to "item rec'd was not as described" and the company now had 10 more days to reply.  AND that I could file a claim with the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is the FBI.  Yeah, I am sure my $130 claim would get high priority with them!  But, according to the PP rep, I could forward PP proof of filing with the ICC.gov and then I wouldn't have to return the "item" to get the refund.  ok, now I'm thinking Paypal is in on the scam lol!  And I start doing a bit of googling and find out that this is a common scam, if you receive ANYTHING at all, even if it is not remotely what you ordered, the claim is more likely to be decided in the scammers favor.  So I sent about 10 messages this morning, requesting to file a complaint against the PP rep that changed the claim from "item not rec'd" to "item not as described" and reiterated in every message that I DID NOT RECEIVE AN ITEM.  Something worked!  And I got a message that they were refunding my money.  Of course I have to 3-5 days and my bank can take up to 30 days yada yada... so not counting on it until it is in the bank...but progress!  Also, I made sure to go to the automatic payment section of Paypal and remove the scam company from being authorized there.  Sorry this is so long, but I hope my experience helps someone else with their claim!

Login to Me Too

Mjthelady
New Community Member
I got scammed by kiminoko too ordered bumper boats and paddle boards and inflatable kayak. Got 3 small bubble packs in my mailbox with stickers in them and the same tracking numbers of the orders. Called PayPal to follow up as I had already disputed the order. Got refunded.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.