Seller has not advised PayPal of returned item.

PiranhaPete
Contributor
Contributor

Dispute registered with PayPal a month ago. Seller agreed to full refund upon return of the item. Item was delivered to the Seller 3 days ago (delayed by Covid). The onus is on the Seller to advise PayPal of the items return. However the Seller has not advised PayPal of the items return.  If the Seller does not acknowledge that they have received the returned item, will PayPal proceed with resolving the dispute?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PiranhaPete 

You are supposed to return the item with tracking and supply paypal with the tracking number, if you do so then paypal will refund once tracking shows the item as delivered. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PiranhaPete
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I provided the tracking info to PayPal. Tracking showed that the item was delivered 5 days ago. PayPal waiting on response from the seller. PayPal expected resolution date is tomorrow. I guess I will find out then.

Login to Me Too

PiranhaPete
Contributor
Contributor

Seller agreed to a full refund. Tracking shows that the item was delivered to the seller on 16/12/2020. PayPal's estimated case resolution date was yesterday 22/12/2020. Upon checking the Dispute Resolution Centre I now find that PayPal has extended the case resolution date to 28/12/2020. It's a simple case, why would the case resolution date be extended?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PiranhaPete 

Paypal it appears are inundated with claims mainly from buyers that bought tat from these China websites or Social Media ads !
So all claims are being pushed back unfortunately.

As long as yours has been escalated from a dispute to a claim and you have done as paypal asked then you have the chance of a refund.
Sadly you will have to wait it out in the long queue though.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PiranhaPete
Contributor
Contributor

The item was significantly not as described. The seller agreed to a full refund upon receiving the returned item. PayPal and the seller were advised of the Tracking number on the day the item was posted. On 16 Dec 2020 the tracking number showed that the seller had received the item. PayPal's estimated resolution date (22 Dec 2020) came and went. PayPal then changed the estimated resolution date to 28 Dec 2020. I contacted PayPal's customer service to enquire when the case would be resolved? Customer Service checked the case and advised that it had been found in my favour (the buyer). Twelve minutes later I received an email from PayPal's Resolution Centre advising that the case had been found in the seller's favour because they had provided proof that the item had been delivered and that the case had been closed. I then contacted the Customer Service again and explained that the item had been returned and that I had the tracking number as proof. For the first time I was advised that I had to supply a copy of the consignment note to PayPal. I got a copy of the consignment note from the PO and have now launched a counter claim. It is now 6 weeks since I received the item and launched the dispute on the same day. Does the Resolution Centre read the cases? 

How can it be that after 6 weeks of waiting for a refund from PayPal I was advised that the case was found in my favour only to be advised 12 minutes later that the case had been found in the sellers favour? How can the case be found in the seller's favour when it was the seller that committed fraud?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.