Seller has delayed to ship the item, I've opened a dispute and now wants to ship it.

sylvester73
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have a problem that you may help me.

I bought an item through PayPal only, not eBay. Seller delayed to ship the item, so I opened a dispute and after a lot of emails asking him to refund me and before I escalate the case on PayPal, he sent me that he would ship the item. Of course I do not trust the item and the seller anymore.

Please suggest me what to do. I am in a difficult situation. Should I send him an email that I don't want the item anymore or this will be against me in the end ? What If he sends the package, I never go to receive it in order to be returned back. Can I take my money from PayPal then ? I don't want to receive it and send it back later, because I will have to pay the returning postage.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sylvester73 

Escalate your dispute to a claim, IF the item has not arrived before the claim is closed then you will get a refund, then if the item arrives you can pay again OR tell the seller to send a pre paid label and you will send it back to them again.

If the item arrives BEFORE the claim is closed then you can change it to 'item received but not as described' if it is and if you win then you would get a refund on return of item to the seller...........have you activated the return shipping costs link on your paypal account to get the return shipping costs refunded? Not sure if its available in your country and as you have not said what country you are in then can't give you the link to activate it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sylvester73
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass,

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciated it. This will also help more people to identical issues.

Some more details:

I have opened the case as "Item Not received" on August 12th.

PayPal suggests me this (into the resolution center):

You’ll need to give some time for the order to arrive. If you don’t receive your item by Monday, 19 August 2019, you’ll be able to escalate this to PayPal.

Although he had promised me that will ship the item in 3 days max, due to the delay, I sent him a lot of emails asking for a full refund. Seller did not respond to any of them. I have kept all of them. Yesterday he sent me an email that he will send the item on Monday 19 of August, the same day that I was about to escalate the problem to PayPal, according the suggestion above. I sent him another one email asking him to refund me and not ship it. He has not answered since then.

Of course, I don't want the item anymore and I am not going to accept it.

I only want to receive my money back and end this story... not paying for returning the item back!!

What should I do ? to wait some more ?

I am located in Athens/Greece.

Best Regards,

Sylvester

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.