Seller got caught re-selling my card on Ebay and now wants a refund - saying card is fake.

Stinger910
Contributor
Contributor

I sold them an expensive Pokemon card. They asked me to pay for insurance, seemed reasonable I said O.K. They receive the card on 6/4 @ 12:57 pm. At 9:36 pm he messages me on Facebook saying "Hey card looks great, thanks" etc (see picture). I browse Ebay for more deals on Pokemon cards and I see the exact card I just sold him, he even used my personal picture of the card. He's trying to re-sell it for a much higher price. This isn't against any rules and is whatever. I contacted him on FB asking him to not use my personal photo of the card. He instantly takes down the Ebay listing and starts getting aggressive saying he wants a refund because the card is fake. I say no, he files a claim with Paypal and of course Paypal sides with the seller. So I lose $180 for insurance + $300 Paypal fee + a dispute fee? What can I do to fight back?

Here are pictures of the PSA 10 1st edition Venusaur that I sold him. <Removed> target=_blank><Removed>

Also on PSA's site you can find cards and what they sold for. Here's a link to the same exact card that I sold him. <Removed>

I clicked on the most recent sold from 4/27's picture and it's literally the exact same card I sold him. <Removed>

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Stinger910, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum, and welcome as a new member! 

If the claim has been decided in the buyer's favour, they are required to return the item to you before receiving a full refund. Generally, the decision made at the conclusion of a buyer claim is final and can only be appealed if new information is presented which was not considered during the original investigation. If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you may be able to do so within 10 days of case closure by following these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at http://www.paypal.com
2. Click ‘Resolution Centre’ near the top of the page. 
3. Select 'Closed cases' in the drop down menu and find the claim you wish to view. 
4. Click ‘Appeal’ in the action column. 
5. Provide information for your appeal and follow the on-screen instructions.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.