Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

RLC1973

Same here - wrote to them that this is a scam and that my attorney will get in touch with them for fraudulent product and false advertisement.

But with BIG Tech involved (Facebook & PayPal) this will be a laughing matter to them.

I am out of $39.99...at least I got a car vacuum out of it. LOL

Login to Me Too

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor

This has happened to me as well. Saw the ad on facebook and ordered 2tb drive. Admittedly it was a great price but got a 32gb usb drive. Offered $10 “compensation”. I have declined this offer and state I want the product(which I doubt exists) or a full refund. Giving them a couple of days and will escalate with paypal. If they dont sort it out when it is clear from the invoice what I paid for then it bye bye paypal.

Login to Me Too

gigicarlo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

same happened to me !!

Does paypal help here at all ?

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

Not really. They stated I had to return the item (at my expense.....to China), and after the company confirmed they received it, they would send a refund.

I received help when I went to the bank that paid for the item (the credit card company.....or in my case, PayPal Credit). PayPal credit has nothing to do with PayPal. It is actually Synchrony Bank (the old GE). So an account with PayPal credit is a virtual credit card, and as a credit card we have the ability to do a charge back if the item is not correct. Go to your cedit card company!

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

Please read my post on GOGO BUY's strategy.

Paypal didn't help me very much. 

Login to Me Too

Bdk727
Contributor
Contributor
PLEASE file a dispute with PayPal. They tried telling me today there hadn’t been enough reports regarding this seller to have any issues. They refused to give me my money back. I either had to take half and keep the wrong/super cheap made crap or pay for intl shipping for a full refund. The company straight up tells you PayPal won’t give you your money back and recommends taking their fraction of the cost offer off of the PayPal platform. I will most likely be closing my account due to this and the lack of protection for the buyers they swear exists. I have NEVER been burned so badly using PayPal. What a major scam this company is running. No wonder they haven’t been shut down, everyone gets a cut so why would PayPal care?
Login to Me Too

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there I had the same issue with PayPal. Complete waste of time. I went through my credit card and they did a charge back. Gogobuy had 41days to counter claim. Amazingly they didn’t do got a full refund. Worth a try Regards
Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

"They tried telling me today there hadn’t been enough reports regarding this seller to have any issues."

THAT has to be a joke?   This feed is now continuous with reports of a blatant scam from GOGOBUY who I think are probably trading under other names as well?  As PayPal obviously do not read this feed, we can safely discuss our exit from this system when convenient to do so?

Login to Me Too

Djkryst
Contributor
Contributor
Yep total crap.. I filed my dispute, sent my item back, PayPal paid me back for the shipping, but then won't refund the cost of the actual wrong item I sent back saying there was not enough evidence in the return shipping.. they have to be in on the scam!
Login to Me Too

Sunshinemum
Contributor
Contributor

can you highlight were to find this please, as I too have been caught by this scam and need to get it sorted. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.