cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller gogobuy scam.

New Community Member

Re: Seller gogobuy scam.

Do not send back because from what I understand they will give you a fake address and then say that the product was not returned to them so you will be left without product and no refund

Contributor

This has happened to me as well. Saw the ad on facebook and ordered 2tb drive. Admittedly it was a great price but got a 32gb usb drive. Offered $10 “compensation”. I have declined this offer and state I want the product(which I doubt exists) or a full refund. Giving them a couple of days and will escalate with paypal. If they dont sort it out when it is clear from the invoice what I paid for then it bye bye paypal.

Contributor

Hi 

same happened to me !!

Does paypal help here at all ?

Contributor

Not really. They stated I had to return the item (at my expense.....to China), and after the company confirmed they received it, they would send a refund.

I received help when I went to the bank that paid for the item (the credit card company.....or in my case, PayPal Credit). PayPal credit has nothing to do with PayPal. It is actually Synchrony Bank (the old GE). So an account with PayPal credit is a virtual credit card, and as a credit card we have the ability to do a charge back if the item is not correct. Go to your cedit card company!

Contributor

Please read my post on GOGO BUY's strategy.

Paypal didn't help me very much. 

New Community Member

Identical thing happened to me. Order SSD got 32GB thumb drive. A scam and fraud.

Contributor

I have exactly the same issue.

The vendor in this case has required that the articles be returned with delivery confirmation.
I can send the items valued at about $7.00 back but the charge is about $13.50. However with the required tracking and delivery confirmation the cost is about $35.00. I am not going to throw another $35.00 at this problem.
I believe that this is a deliberate strategy of the vendor to cheat customers out of their money, and as I find this group it becomes even more obvious.

Contributor

Exactly the same for me, now have 2x 32GB drives I don’t want!!!

No help from seller so going down PayPal route first then if no luck through credit card company.

Contributor

I also got a 32 GB drive instead of a 2T.  Total scam.  Once you escalate it, Paypal will tell you to ship it back with tracking which is costly in order to obtain a refund.  Their email will not tell you this, but as noted above in the thread above, Paypal may reimburse up to $30 for return shipping.  I am in the process of returning, so we will see.  You have to activate the return feature in Paypal.  This link contains the info:  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns    

Contributor

I can't believe there are so many people scammed in same way with a 32gb usb stick.

I don't understand way paypal is not banning the seller.

Anyway, this was my first and last time order from a mobile phone ad ( redirecting to some kind facebook shop)

Hope I'll get my refund soon.