Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

Sharpstick
Contributor
Contributor

Same here ...... I fell for this scam.  Ordered a 2TB SSD along with 'Premium Shipping' (additional $9.99).  After a lengthy wait I received a Sandisk 32Gb USB stick drive and ONE i7 earbud ....... yes just x1 earbud.  WTF ???

I raised a case with Paypal and just awaiting the outcome.  Scandalous that PayPay are allowing these scammers to operate through what we all believe to be a safe mechanism for purchasing goods.  If these people would not have offered PayPal as a payment option I would have walked away. and not parted with $45 of my hard earned cash.

Login to Me Too

sonamd
Contributor
Contributor
Let stay in touch we ordered the same thing and received the same items “by mistake” this is a pattern we can both use it to support our cases with PayPal
Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Their latest response to me .....

Date: Sun, 22 
Subject: Re: Goods incorrectly supplied !!! SCAM ??
To:  me

have you ever opened a case via paypal?

If you close it now,we will refund you full immediately"

IF I "close it" and I don't get a refund, I am unsure if I can "open" the case again ???

Login to Me Too

sonamd
Contributor
Contributor

They offered the same deal to me this morning  and I replied " you refund me in full First and then I will close the case"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@VivGM 

If you had to close a case to get a refund then it would be pointless opening one.
NEVER close a dispute / claim until you have a refund.
If the seller issued a refund then that would close the dispute automatically.
If he doesn't escalate to a claim.
Do not close it or he can ignore you and you can't open a second dispute OR re-open a closed one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  You have confirmed what I thought.  Either way, I am going to lose out on this deal/scam !!

Login to Me Too

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor
I have been on to PayPal and they say to get a refund I have to send it back by a tracked mail. This will cost me Uk£30. PayPal will refund UK £15 of that so I’d still be £15 out of pocket. Legally the goods that have been sent are unsolicited so I don’t get why PayPal force is to o PO at to send them back. They have now ruled against me as I have not returned the goods. I’m taking it up with my credit card company. They have opened a case and the seller has 45 days to respond otherwise I get a full refund. I have emailed the seller telling them the goods are here for them to collect. Surprisingly I’ve not had a reply 🤪
Login to Me Too

sonamd
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal refunded me 5 hours after I submitted return postage info plus package tracking number. I also submitted a claim for postage refund and they also send me a refund. They know GOGOBUY is a scam
Login to Me Too

Markfoxton
Contributor
Contributor
I had to get a callback from PayPal management, but I have my refund, PayPal, after some convincing, paid for postage in full and agreed to start an investigation into gogobuy. I also insisted that they need to look at their refund policies as they enable this kind of scam where the wrong and much cheaper item is sent, and the responsibility is on the buyer to fix it. If they made it the seller that was more responsible for getting it right, then there will be no room for scams like this.
Login to Me Too

Markfoxton
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered their water proof fitness watch with headphones, got sent 2 separate items neither waterproof. Also gogobuy are operating under a different name on Facebook. Dedery is the new name. Forget Chinese crap, ruining Christmases, only accepting a full refund from here, done way more damage than just the damage to my wallet
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.