Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor
Did you send it back?
Login to Me Too

Socialnotwork
Contributor
Contributor
No, I will not pay to return junk I didn't order at my own expense when this seller is operating a scam. This isn't a case of the seller making a genuine mistake it was a planned and deliberately applied scam so the unbranded 32gb USB and junk ear piece went in the bag and I have written to the seller offering to post them back once he has provided payment for the postage. If I don't hear anything within 12m I'll put them in the trash where they belong.
Login to Me Too

sonamd
Contributor
Contributor
I was in your exact position and I decided to send the package back. PayPal refunded me in 5 hours after I submitted a photo of the post receipt plus the tracking number. After 5 days they also refunded me for the postage cost. They know GOGOBUY is a scam
Login to Me Too

PR954
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal just upheld my claim against Gogobuy for sending me a 32G thumb drive instead of a 2T SSD.  Unfortunately, this was after they sent me the notice that I had to send back the thumb drive.  I had just sent it back before the deadline using USPS First Class Registered mail which provides tracking only to show that it was delivered.  Now to see if I can get my money back through Paypals return mail insurance assuming the delivery tracking works.

Login to Me Too

redram38
Contributor
Contributor

So now paypal says I have to ship the items back to these scammers at a cost of 36.00 and who's to say that these crooks will even say they got them back. I have been scammed once by these crooks. PayPal allows these type of merchants to use their site to scam honest people out of their money and as long as they get their fee they could care less. If they fail to make this right I will cancel my Paypal account as well as my Paypal credit account and never do business with them again. If more people would threaten to drop them maybe they would do something. They are a Huge company and it is their responsibility to see that crooked companies are not allowed on their site. It's called the cost of doing business Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redram38 

Why is it paypals responsibility that you chose to buy Chinese tat??

Paypal gives you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

It would be impossible for paypal to vet the millions of sellers / companies that use paypal as a payment processor and that is not their role.

Their role is to process those payments to the sellers or merchants that you choose to buy from.

Same as a credit card company they give you 'some' buyer protection but they don't vet everyone that offers credit card payments.

As for returning the goods then make sure you do so trackable AND activate the 'return shipping' option in your paypal account to claim some of those return shipping costs back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

redram38
Contributor
Contributor

Well I strongly disagree. They are a company that makes money off of people that use them as a pay service. It is their responsibility as a company to assure their customers like you and me that those people we buy from are legit. It is no difference than buying a Fake item at Wal-Mart. They know the items are fake because of the many returns and complaints but continue to sell them anyway. I use PayPal because I felt like they would weed out the scammers. Like I said this is their responsibility not mine. If this scammer had not taken Paypal as a form of payment I would have never bought the item. Since they did I feel they must be legit or Paypal would not allow them to use them as a pay provider. To each is own. You have a right to your opinion and I have a right to mine.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redram38 

Fair enough, but try reading the user agreement that you agreed to when you opened your account, which states differently.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

redram38
Contributor
Contributor

LOL I highly doubt anyone reads those things. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redram38 

Well as a buyer i read the small section on buyer protection before i started to use paypal to purchase goods.

And when i started to sell i read the small section on seller protection so i could risk assess my sales.

Maybe that why I haven't been ripped off buying tat from China then? 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.