cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller gogobuy scam.

Contributor

Seller gogobuy scam.

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

129 REPLIES 129
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Seller gogobuy scam.

@Jimdon72 

Sounds like one of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.
New Community Member

I’m going through the same issue right now . Ordered 2TB MINI SSD EXTERNAL DRIVES . Sent 32GB USB FLASH DRIVES . Now offering partial refund when the items they sent are at a fraction of what I paid for . Def a scam how they are allowed to be sponsored advertiser on Facebook I don’t know . Anyway waiting for PayPal decision.
Contributor

Hopefully PayPal will see the complaints and recognise they are scammers and we all get full refunds.
Contributor

Have you heard anything yet. I got offered a full refund when I return it but I have to pay for the return postage. I am not accepting that.
Contributor

I have been told to send it back. Doesn’t say who has to post but if I do it will cost what I’ve already paid to send it back. Surely this isn’t right as the seller has clearly behaved fraudulently. I’ve already paid for postage to me why should I have to pay for the return. If PayPal insist on this they are perpetuating and facilitating the fraud
Contributor

This has happened to me as well. Saw the ad on facebook and ordered 2tb drive. Admittedly it was a great price but got a 32gb usb drive. Offered $10 “compensation”. I have declined this offer and state I want the product(which I doubt exists) or a full refund. Giving them a couple of days and will escalate with paypal. If they dont sort it out when it is clear from the invoice what I paid for then it bye bye paypal.

Contributor

Hi 

same happened to me !!

Does paypal help here at all ?

Contributor

Not really. They stated I had to return the item (at my expense.....to China), and after the company confirmed they received it, they would send a refund.

I received help when I went to the bank that paid for the item (the credit card company.....or in my case, PayPal Credit). PayPal credit has nothing to do with PayPal. It is actually Synchrony Bank (the old GE). So an account with PayPal credit is a virtual credit card, and as a credit card we have the ability to do a charge back if the item is not correct. Go to your cedit card company!

New Community Member

Identical thing happened to me. Order SSD got 32GB thumb drive. A scam and fraud.