Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimdon72 

Sounds like one of these???

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

GOGO BUY's strategy:

1. Intentionally send you the wrong item of much lesser value (USB 32GB memory stick or 2 16 GB memory sticks).

2. Offer you a 10-15 USD discount when the person complains that they did not receive what they ordered.

3. If you do not accept the discount, they will request you send the item back to an unverified address that they refuse to validate.

4. GOGO Buy will then claim they did not receive the item ( most likely because the address is fake) and will not issue a refund

5. Paypal will side with GOGO BUY.

I've appealed to my credit card company to refund the money.

Login to Me Too

avigweta

did the credit card company refund you the money?

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

Yes and very quickly when I presented the same evidence as presented to Paypal. 

Paypal expected me to ship the item back to an unverified address and pay 70+ dollars to do so. I did not accept the offer and pursued another avenue for remediation (i.e. ask credit card company for refund)

Thanks

Carlo

Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor

YES it happened to me too! 😞 

The company is a SCAM. They sent me a fake copy of clothes with false advertisement and claims. It was NOTHING LIKE ADVERTISED. I am so upset. The paypal transaction even shows a website like for "emakegoodlife.com" that is a domain for sale. They have a lot of aliases I found on facebook selling the same stuff. They laughed in my face by offering me a 5$ refund and to keep the clothes! They say they don't refund if you don't like it but this is clearly a misrepresentation and a cheap copy of the clothes they are advertising. The leggings has nothing special for the anti-cellulite at all and the product came from CHINA and has been listed as Malware too on Facebook. I want my REFUND it cost me like close to 200$ canadian money...unbelievable...

Login to Me Too

svemula
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Friend.. so many like us have been cheated by this gogobuy and even reported to Paypal and these Paypal guys are Big cheaters too... they didnt solve my issue and dragged till last date and said that my time for dispute settlement is completed and we cant do anything now and i wasted around 2 months talking to these idiots....So finally i approached my bank and disputed the transaction and got my money back. Hope this Helps...but first go with Paypal and the return shipment will be covered by the till $35 i think. If tgey cant fix it do what i did. GOOD LUCK... Thanks Solomon
Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
Really? But PAYPAL is a trusted company I’m sure they can do something where scamming businesses are concerned no? My bank say they can’t do anything because I have gone through a third party ( PayPal) . But it is why we do cos it’s PayPal and they can fix this.. no? Omg..
Login to Me Too

mfkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

Same scam here.  I brought 3 Loperr 2TB drives and got 3 fake 2TB USB keys that only hold 14GB & 3 i7 single headphones.  I've gone from the Paypal resolution center and GoGoBuy sent an address to send the items back.  The address they sent does not appear to be correct.  I've even spoken with Chinese folks at work to try and validate the address.

510430 Guangzhou​Qiandama Peisong Zhongxin 6th Floor, 

Zibian #28, 

Suixin Creative Park, 

Shicha Road

China

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

I asked my employees from China to help verify the address and they could not. GoGo buy will not verify it either. MOre likely than not, it's probably not real and the item will not get back to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.