Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller gogobuy scam.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Seller gogobuy scam.

Finally a resolution re. Anline company! Things I have learned along the way:

1) be very cautious of items from China - if avoid totally possible

2) if things go wrong, instantly start a record of all emails, dates and details.

3) use the phone to contact Paypal - emails appear to be handled by AI (at least in part) and do not react reliably - my case was closed at one point and it seems to have been due the classification placed on my situation.

4) set up Return on Us (really not sure why that is not the default for all of us) if a return is needed

5) keep checking and recording what you find

6) be persistent with more phone calls

7) be prepared for a LONG wait

Got all my money back plus the return postage.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Does anyone know where we can make a strong complaint against this company? 

They sent me something that I didn't order, of course, I didn't get what I did order.

They also offered 50% of the value to keep the items sent which had a value of 15% of what I paid for.

I have had a few problems with shopping from China recently. Please does someone have a place to make a complaint? 

Highlighted
Contributor

There are many comments in this thread.  File a claim with PayPal. 

PayPal's responses have been uneven.  The response to claims seems to be handled with by an AI, not people.  I was able (after some effort) to receive a refund for the charge and refund for return shipping.  Some people have been denied.  Phone calls to PayPal may also help.

Highlighted
New Community Member

I've complainted this scam to Paypal with emails evidence from Gogobuy and Paypal agreed to resolved the issue directly. But Paypal ignored my request for the updates since then. Since then, I never purchased good through Paypal unless very very very necessary.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Bought two pairs of pants. They didn't fit and the company refused to honor their own return policy. PayPal would only honor the dispute if I mailed the pants back to Gogobuy which was prohibitively expensive.
Highlighted
Contributor

PayPal will reimburse the shipping as well.. just make sure to take pictures of the shipping label and email it to PayPal.. document everything, and call PayPal.. don't just rely on their Ai processes.
Highlighted
Esteemed Advisor

@Djkryst 

They do not reimburse the total amount of shipping only up to a certain maximum (country dependent) and that may not be enough for a lot of folks.

Also there is NO phone option available with paypal at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
I do not work for Paypal.