Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

stgoguy
New Community Member

Does anyone know where we can make a strong complaint against this company? 

They sent me something that I didn't order, of course, I didn't get what I did order.

They also offered 50% of the value to keep the items sent which had a value of 15% of what I paid for.

I have had a few problems with shopping from China recently. Please does someone have a place to make a complaint? 

Login to Me Too

eagerm
Contributor
Contributor

There are many comments in this thread.  File a claim with PayPal. 

PayPal's responses have been uneven.  The response to claims seems to be handled with by an AI, not people.  I was able (after some effort) to receive a refund for the charge and refund for return shipping.  Some people have been denied.  Phone calls to PayPal may also help.

Login to Me Too

Tunlinkhine
New Community Member

I've complainted this scam to Paypal with emails evidence from Gogobuy and Paypal agreed to resolved the issue directly. But Paypal ignored my request for the updates since then. Since then, I never purchased good through Paypal unless very very very necessary.

Login to Me Too

Asfields
New Community Member
Bought two pairs of pants. They didn't fit and the company refused to honor their own return policy. PayPal would only honor the dispute if I mailed the pants back to Gogobuy which was prohibitively expensive.
Login to Me Too

Djkryst
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal will reimburse the shipping as well.. just make sure to take pictures of the shipping label and email it to PayPal.. document everything, and call PayPal.. don't just rely on their Ai processes.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Djkryst 

They do not reimburse the total amount of shipping only up to a certain maximum (country dependent) and that may not be enough for a lot of folks.

Also there is NO phone option available with paypal at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
I tried calling but nobody takes calls at the moment!! Omg I need my money back this is crazy... can’t they see on here I’m not the only one?? They have to keep the trust of their customers! PayPal has to be responsible for not seeming through the fake company transaction it’s why we trust them no? We go through PayPal for protection against this and their jobs to ensure our safety with fraudulent activity and fake domain and fake companies!
Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
Im still editing after 3 weeks for PayPal to refund me for their scams 😞I’m hoping as I trusted PayPal to protect me .. crossing my fingers .. they also go under many aliases with link in my account of enakegoodlife associated with empty page of domain for sale 😞
Login to Me Too

Shirkey110
Contributor
Contributor
My seller was called Chrime selling the same thick knitted coat as Gogobuy was advertising as was 20 other companies using the same advert... They sent me a thin small cardigan... Nothing like I thought I was ordering
Login to Me Too

BowJest

ordered mini rechargeable chain saw and got JUST a chain, no saw, ther statement was i only ordred the chain, rubbish ! 22 e mails later paypal got my money back for me but i had to return the chain to china, total scam !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.