Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

ghday
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the idea RedHatLinux

I have already sent it back after finding Paypal's Return on Us system (why are we not all signed up for it automatically?) so I am going through all the steps VERY carefully and so I will reserve judgment on Paypal till after I see what happens. There have been several wrinkles and I have had to make calls for clarification. I double checked the address (even the correct format for China) and have been assured all is OK so stay tuned!

Login to Me Too

ghday
Contributor
Contributor

Update: Paypal refunded the shipping cost in full but as a credit to my account not to my card although they didn't know which card I used. I am still waiting for the full refund for the USB and will update when I do. So the Return on us works!

Login to Me Too

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor
I did this after PayPal shafted me. My credit card company refunded me and did a chargeback. Surprise surprise gogobuy didn’t contest it so I got my money.
Login to Me Too

Ftahso
Contributor
Contributor
I have a solution for that, but I don't now if be legal to share how I get a full refund, so I only have to say "re-send your tracking number back"
Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
Resend the tracking where?
Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

I'm checking the "Negative" comments on eBay and this Scam is quite prevalent.  I won't be buying anything from China or even here in Australia especially if the reports are saying cheaper items are being supplied.  The major problem is that many do not complain and just shrug it off & say to themselves never again!   These scammers are using different names and getting away with it.  Neither eBay or PayPal have an effective process to shut these guys out of selling fakes .....  All the adverts that are popping up on Facebook, I now "Hide" - some I know are genuine but too bad.  I am forced to buy from the local shops and pay the extra, get the genuine article!  "No such thing as a cheap lunch" !!!

Login to Me Too

I ordered a headphone and they sent me an old version and not as advertised or as requested. I wanted to return the item but they refuse to bear the return postage and after exchanging about 10 emails they offered me a partial discount. I would not recommend buy anything from them.
Login to Me Too

JanetWYorks
Contributor
Contributor

I was also sent old style headsets when I ordered the pro version. Paid $42 and was offered $18 compensation, which I didn’t accept. Sent back under PayPal’s instruction but due to coronavirus PO would only do proof of posting and no tracking. Could not advise PayPal of tracking number so put zeros in. They have now denied the claim as I had no tracking.

This is definitely a scam and should be shut down buy a PayPal. Will try ringing PayPal tomorrow to dispute this.

Login to Me Too

treyinsd
Contributor
Contributor
That is exactly what happened to me. I called PayPal and they immediately apologized and said that it was denied in error. I had a full refund within minutes. I pressed her why they continue to allow this activity and she stated that these companies keep changing accounts and names making it hard to catch them until it is too late.
Login to Me Too

ghday
Contributor
Contributor

Finally a resolution re. Anline company! Things I have learned along the way:

1) be very cautious of items from China - if avoid totally possible

2) if things go wrong, instantly start a record of all emails, dates and details.

3) use the phone to contact Paypal - emails appear to be handled by AI (at least in part) and do not react reliably - my case was closed at one point and it seems to have been due the classification placed on my situation.

4) set up Return on Us (really not sure why that is not the default for all of us) if a return is needed

5) keep checking and recording what you find

6) be persistent with more phone calls

7) be prepared for a LONG wait

Got all my money back plus the return postage.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.