Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

mihaipg
Contributor
Contributor

Unbelievable! How can PayPal stand aside and watch such SCAMS going on using their "trusted" payment services?!?!? It is THE SAME SCAM over and over again. Same perpetrators. They advertise one thing, and send a totally worthless crap instead. Then start with the "refund you 7 dollars" till you get to the "return the item for refund" part of the scheme. At that time, you get an address (SAME IN ALL CASES), that DOESN'T EXIST!

And they keep coming, just using different websites, then closing them and opening new ones. yercer.com, helern.com, kerety.com, aperetty.com. 

https://www.face[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]698300

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1484516288411215&id=100005585733324

And PayPal does what? Provides the trusted claim tool, culminating with "return the item". How come, when you have a totally legit business rung through PayPal, they block transactions and ask for supporting documents in random checks, and with these fraudsters they turn a blind eye?!? I've been using PayPal for security. Seems that they are starting to be an actual liability!   

510430 Guangzhou​Qiandama Peisong Zhongxin 6th Floor, 

Zibian #28, 

Suixin Creative Park, 

Shicha Road

China

or 

Qiandama Peisong Zhongxin 6th Floor, Zibian #28, Suixin Creative Park, Shicha Road GUANGZHOU, 510430 CN

Login to Me Too

ftw5
Contributor
Contributor
i’m not wanting to take away from your victory but please don’t good job paypal . they didn’t do anything but give you the return address which in my case the return address was on a card in the box. pay pal has it within there there agreements to force the at fault party to pay for shipping. why should we be out any money. the mistake was not ours. i was sent the wrong item not a good faith mistake an intentional act. so what’s there incentive to stop, they have none. make them pay fhe return and watch how quick they stop
Login to Me Too

Kelly187

I purchased items from a different website and am going through the same problem. The address they have provided me is the same as I've seen in these comments. I don't know whether to try and send the item but you've said it isn't verified. I don't know what to do.

Login to Me Too

jmartens1

I too was duped by Gogobuy.

I originally purchased from website Popour.com, which was closed down a month later. It was only when I looked at the paypal statement that I realized it was in fact Gogobuy.

I have seen a lot of comments here that Paypal should take action with Gogobuy but after settling my dispute, I believe they have done a remarkable job.

You have to remember that Paypal are just a financial gateway and like a bank, don't black ban sellers or customers.

I was originally offered US$30 to settle my dispute by Gogobuy via Paypal.

I refused and then Paypal sent me the how to return the bad order. Which I did with tracking and photographs. Then 2 days later they refunded the total outlay of US$69.99. So my only cost was A$21.00 for postage which I was happy to pay for a full refund (minus postage).

Great job Paypal and shame on you, Gogobuy!

Login to Me Too

eagerm
Contributor
Contributor

You can request a refund of shipping charges from PayPal.  They ask for a tracking number, but accepted a customs certificate number.

Login to Me Too

Khanshoaib

I have the same problem with Gogobuy & Paypal. It seems Paypal encouraging 'Gogobuy' and they are cheating in the name of Paypal because people don't know about Gogobuy, they trust Paypal and get cheated.

Paypal asked me to return the product which I bought $25.98 but from Ireland to China its costing me $35.

Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
Omg really?? If PayPal is like this now and doesn’t refund me I’ll have to delete this account.. I chose to pay with them cos I trust they can handle this.. my bank says they can’t because I have used PayPal. There’s proof everywhere it’s a scam as their transaction on my PayPal shows emakegoodlife.com which is a blank page with domain for sale! Yet the communication PayPal sends them from here and the email I respond to them is gogobuyonline.com! We have to report this company and it’s aliases to BBB and not let them get away with it on Facebook either! Oh my
Login to Me Too

svemula
Contributor
Contributor

got trapped with this GOGOBUY **bleep**...bought 2 2TB SSD's and paid around $65 and got 2 small pen drives won't worth more than $10 and when i contacted the PayPal i have been offered $30 which i declined...and so they asked me to return the items for full refund which is gonna cost me $25- $30 atleast. So this is their scam. So sheeps like us who bought an item for around $20 won't return the item as the shipping cost is more than the item.

We are around 218 had been cheated by this seller but PAYPAL won't do a thing to the seller. I think once it hits 1000 people then they will do something...shame on you GOGOBUY...and even PAYPAL who is still supporting this seller...

Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
It shouldn’t matter if it’s 1 or 1000 PayPal should be responsible for allowing a scam company to use their services. I CHOSE PayPal because there’s a protection from this sort of thing it’s why I did pay with PayPal but my bank said IF I HAD gone through my bank instead they may of been able to do something 😞
Login to Me Too

CBianchi
Contributor
Contributor

that was my experience as well...send these stupid dream catchers instead of the bamboo toothbrushes i ordered.  and the item i did order and they did send was a joke...nothing like it was described.  Argh!  they offered a $30 refund on a $60+ order.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.