Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

Radwyn
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal are being scammed as much as us paying the return postage, as postage from China is paid for by Chinese government subsidies  gogobuy is scamming that too. Gogobuy must love this as most people probably give up it's so timesconsuming and difficul to get a refund on an intentional bait and switch every person who gives up is pure profit for them and what they send it old or overstocked junk so no loss if you win a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Radwyn
Contributor
Contributor

So Gogobuy intentionally mails near worthless trash to 100s or thousands of people instead of the contracted goods, hoping people can't be bother fighting for a $60-$100 or won't botice. Refuses to replace them with the original goods they promised as the price wasn't see omething they ever inteaded honoting and wants an hour or more of our time and money to package and return what us esientially trash that we should send them a bill for removal. How about Paypsl return our money dump gogobuy and let us move on to actual commerce with 'fair play'.

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

Just an update.

I bought the USB drive, they switched, said I had to return, etc etc. PayPal stated I had to return with proof of delivery. I had purchased through PayPal Credit (actually a real bank - Synchrony Bank of Fla -  - the old GE financial bank). Asked for a charge-back. Took them a couple of weeks but I received a letter today stating they had issued a full credit.

Something I learned years ago. Always pay with a credit card. You have warranty's that exceed the manufacturers warranty, car insurance when renting a car, and a guarantee that if an item is not what you ordered or you don't get something you ordered. they will refund the money. Let them to the fighting!

By the way - PayPal Credit is one of the best deals around. Any purchased over $100 has 6 months interest free. Large purchases are up to 2 years interest free. They are also good at letting you know the deadlines for the interest free purchases so you don't go over - and get hit with interest from the purchase date. Heck, I had some jewlery stolen and received insurance money. I bought a Rolex using PayPal Credit - $10,000 - put the $ in my investments/savings, and I pay$400 and something (automaticall) each month - No interest.

Login to Me Too

treyinsd
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal asked me to send it back to China with a tracking number.  The USPS said they can only track it so far and once it gets to China, they cannot tell if or when it will get delivered!  Such BS.  Also, my product was $56 and to ship it back it would be $142.00!!  PayPal has denied my claim.  I am closing my account and hope PayPal burns forever on this fraud!

Login to Me Too

treyinsd
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal today and they apologized and refunded my full amount.  The exact way it went down was as follows.  

They told me to ship it back to China with tracking to the China address they provided.  USPS said they can only track to the country and cannot tell what happens after that and, for that type of service, they would charge $142.  I responded to PayPal via the instructions email.  The autoresponder told me to reply through the Resolution Center.  They only way to respond using the Resolution Center was to enter a bogus tracking number along with the question/concern, "The return will cost more than the refund.  please advise".  They sent my concern to gogobuy.  gogobuy did not respond.  PayPal closed the case in their favor.  I called PayPal, and asked why they closed my case without responding to my question.  She apologized, said it was a mistake and they should have been awarded in my favor because gogobuy did not respond to PayPal's question to them in a timely fashion.  They refunded me on the spot.

Thank you PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

Please appeal to your credit card company. I presented the same evidence and they gave me back the money. Not sure why PayPal hasn't shut this company down. I've already reported them to Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Hoping to eventually do the same .....

Login to Me Too

manekpot
New Community Member

I have ordered goods that have not yet arrived, Gogobuy replied to PayPal that the goods were sent.

Login to Me Too

ghday
Contributor
Contributor

Note that goodnewsonline website plays the same trick re. USB drives - ordered a 2Tb, received an 8Gb - offered $13 on a $42 purchase then the "return with tracking for a refund" trick -  that looks as if it would cost me $45 at least - double checking today. The sellers can of course check out the cost of returning it and know that it costs more so they easily win. Plus they can deny it is received, declare it was not what they sent, say it is damaged, etc , so the seller has EVERY protection and we have none. When will Paypal actively provide some other secure way to avoid these scams? 

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

If paypal won't help you, go to your credit card company. I presented them the same evidence as Paypal and they quickly ruled in my favour.

Don't ship it back as they will not validate the address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.