Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, I am a seller & need PayPal but am considering looking at other payment methods (to me) that would not inconvenience my buyers; not easy. I stuffed up the procedure (at Christmas time) and PayPal ruled in favour of Gogobuy.  They must've got away with thousands.  I'm not buying any more from China and am Hiding all Adverts on my Facebook Timeline.  eBay keep sending reminders on anything I have looked at and I just delete those too ..... really very cheesed off !!

Login to Me Too

gogobuyscam
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal decided that I return the 32GB and once received I get a full refund. Send it costs about $20.
PayPal has a Return Shipping on Us plan...I've never seen it advertised on the site though. They will cover up to $30 of return fees. 
I can't post the direct link so I hope you can decipher this. Three Ws, a dot, PayPal, another dot, com, slash,PayPalReturns. 

Login to Me Too

Intree
Contributor
Contributor

Gogobuy is a scam and fraud. This has happened to me as well. I order SSD and they send me a 32GB thumb drive and junk earbud. Gogobuy not a response to my email, and finally, email from gogobuy disappeared from the inbox. Tere are a lot of complaints on Gogobuy I wish PayPal do something about it.

Login to Me Too

Radwyn
Contributor
Contributor

Yep they did exactly the same bait and switch scam to me and hundreds by the looks. Instead of 2TB $100 value drive they send a 32GB usb drive and a 16GB slow usb drine instead of a 1TB super fast drive and some junk earphones worth less than a few bucks all up. Obvious intentional fraud hoping to keep the dollars of every second person who can't bother trying to get a refund. I almost threw it in the trash no idea it was them it was nothing like my order.

Login to Me Too

Radwyn
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal refunded the transaction without me needing to return the junk happy with the resolution now

We reviewed the information regarding the below case and have accepted it.

We credited the full disputed transaction amount of $xx.xx USD to your PayPal balance or payment method you used to complete this transaction.

Login to Me Too

Mastak07
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a 1tb SSD and didn't receive anything for 2 months, Paypal denied my claim after they supplied a tracking number. 3 days later I received 3 pairs of socks that do not fit me! The tracking number is also different to what they sent to PayPal.

There are so many complaints how can PayPal support such scams ?!

**bleep** paypal!

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal is very inconsistent how they are handling returns with GOGO buy. 

DId paypal verify that the tracking number was authentic? These can easily be faked.

If you paid with a credit card, appeal to the credit card issuer.

Login to Me Too

eagerm
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal refunded my payment to Gogobuy and has refunded the shipping.  I shipped first class, without tracking, which is not as expensive.  PayPal accepted the customs certificate number (and a photo) as evidence that I had shipped it. 

This has been a PITA.  PayPal did eventually make it good, but I wasted a lot of time.  PayPal should respond to reports of scams quicker and firmer.  They should kick scammers like Gogobuy (and their many aliases like loperr.com) off the service at the first hint that there is a problem.

Login to Me Too

RedHatLinux
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks. PayPal wanted a tracking number and it was going to cost me 70CAD to send it. I’ve already appealed to the credit card. They are aware of GOGO buy and their other aliases . GOGO buy refused to confirm the address and I have the emails to prove it. Thanks again for your response .
Login to Me Too

gogobuyscam
Contributor
Contributor

I got my full refund the day after I submitted the tracking number. I also was reimbursed for the shipping $26 Canadian from Vancouver. Sent as registered mail, not a parcel which would have been up to $70!! You can request a refund for returns on the page that shows your activity and click on the item you purchased. Up to $30 each time.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.