Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

jonathon11
Contributor
Contributor

yes i have i ordered i set pf mini ear phone n braclet.they send me an empty box with strap for health bracelet and one fake ear phone

they charged me 23.88 for my item asnd sent me 2 items  that cost £3 for ear piece. so they scammed me out of 13.88 even if i wanted this .but i dont i could get it all from ebay as i but from ebay all the time 

as for paypal iv still to waite on out come.what a farce.as im about the 100k person to cvomplain about this company ripping people of by send stuff they didnt order and sending what they like

3 7 for health bracelet.ther profit of 13.88.

Login to Me Too

Gryffin75
Contributor
Contributor

Seems like Gogobuy has been quite busy.  I ordered a 1Tb SSD and received a 16Gb thumb drive worth less than a dollar.  I can't say that I'm impressed with the Paypal Resolution system.

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

Golly! They must not like you! Seems like they sent a 32g drive to most people (LOL).

Again, the question is if you used PayPal or PayPal credit. PayPal just sends the charge to a charge card you have provided. They really have nothing to do with the payment. Could have just as easily just used the credit card.

PayPal Credit is a bank - separate from PayPal and can do a charge back. Credit cards guarantee if you pay with them, they will guarantee that you receive what you ordered or they will do the charge back and give you credit.

Years ago I had two cruises booked on Renaissance cruises. They went bankrupt. If I had paid in cash, I would have lost everything. But the MC/Visa/AE guarantees I get what I paid for, so I got a credit asap. If the CC company got their $$ I have no idea.

The really bad thing about this papal deal is the fact that they are fully aware they have a very bad customer. They should shut them down immediately.

GoGo wrote me and stated if I removed the dispute I had with the credit card company, they would give me a credit. I'll wait until I get the credit. But, companies  DO NOT like charge backs from credit card companies because they know that if there are enough, they will be cut off.

Login to Me Too

gigicarlo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

i threatened them to find a site on the net, where i can report the fraudulent behaviour.

So far i posted a report on: watchlist-internet.at, consumersentinel.gov

looking for more sites, next step would be amazon, they have a shop there, too.

Let's bring this seller DOWN !

Do you know of more sites, where we can collectively file more complaints ?

Waiting to get in touch with paypal directly .. they said i need to wait about an hour !

All the Best

Luigi

Login to Me Too

eagerm
Contributor
Contributor

I just received a notice from Paypal that I would receive a full refund if I returned the incorrect items.   I believe that after shipping, I can request a refund for postage charges. 

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

That sounds good. But for me, unless I was told up front I was getting a complete refund, I won't bite. Paypal has paid shipping for some and not paid for others (makes no sense). I just didn't want to **bleep** around with that. So I went to the ones that have the answers and can provide the results - the bank that paid them.

Why would PayPal state you can request the freight refund? Why not be up front and just say "We will give you a complete refund".

Login to Me Too

gogobuyscam
Contributor
Contributor

COMPLETELY A SCAM!! 

I ordered a 1 terabyte memory stick and got a 32GB. They offered $15 refund. I said no, I want a full refund or send me what I ordered. I doubt they even have any 1TB sticks.

After all the complaints Paypal should stop allowing them to use their service. The people I communicated with implored me not to file a complaint with PayPal, but I did.

The outcome is I can return the 32GB at my own cost and get a full refund. I'll wait to see how much it costs before I send it. 

Login to Me Too

Neymorra
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, this happened to my husband. $24.95 (I believe), and they offered a $10 compensation (after initially offering $5). He rejected that and moved forward with the dispute. They finalized the dispute by telling him he has to return the merchandise WITH TRACKING, and he will get a full refund. It will cost more to send it back than the refund, so he's losing money either way. He called PayPal to discuss this and see if they can reconsider, and THEY HUNG UP ON HIM in the middle of his sentence. My husband is a very calm and collected person. He was being polite, not yelling, and allowing the rep to speak. The rep just disconnected in the middle of him saying he doesn't feel he should have to be out any money because of this obvious scam. PayPal has really disappointed us today, and I'm considering closing down my account because of it. They helped me during a dispute a few years ago, but it seems they've gone downhill since then. Seeing how many people here have been scammed by this company, I also feel PayPal should shut down the company's account. This is OBVIOUS fraud, and they are culpable by allowing this company to continue to conduct fraudulent business through them.

Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I am scaling back my use of PayPal over this issue.  This SCAM is blatant and obvious even to a blind person!  They seem to be operating under different names.  My Facebook page is peppered with adverts and the ones offering SSD memory devices at ultra cheap prices are all suspect - NO ONE can sell at such low prices; they are all Scams!  I am Hiding the ads and blocking repeats from everybody.  I know about two that I will let through but no others.

Login to Me Too

PatRivera

To everyone scammed by GOGOBUY. Note that the SSD Flash Drive they pretend to sell was this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/project[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]warpdrive-high-speed-portable-ss... So, a product not even released and certainly one they never had. Compare the product pic with the one they used: https://www.cyberbunkers.com/2019/12/is-loperrcom-scam-or-is-it-legit.html and you'll see they just ripped the pic... Good info to have when you open a PayPal case (which you should do).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.