Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

treyinsd
Contributor
Contributor

No.  PayPal asked me to send it back to China with a tracking number.  The USPS said they can only track it so far and once it gets to China, they cannot tell if or when it will get delivered!  Such BS.  Also, my product was $56 and to ship it back it would be $142.00!!

Login to Me Too

DavidDial
Contributor
Contributor

Identical thing happened to me. Order SSD got 32GB thumb drive. A scam and fraud.

Login to Me Too

TLBrink
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue.

The vendor in this case has required that the articles be returned with delivery confirmation.
I can send the items valued at about $7.00 back but the charge is about $13.50. However with the required tracking and delivery confirmation the cost is about $35.00. I am not going to throw another $35.00 at this problem.
I believe that this is a deliberate strategy of the vendor to cheat customers out of their money, and as I find this group it becomes even more obvious.

Login to Me Too

Rich3399
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly the same for me, now have 2x 32GB drives I don’t want!!!

No help from seller so going down PayPal route first then if no luck through credit card company.

Login to Me Too

PR954
Contributor
Contributor

I also got a 32 GB drive instead of a 2T.  Total scam.  Once you escalate it, Paypal will tell you to ship it back with tracking which is costly in order to obtain a refund.  Their email will not tell you this, but as noted above in the thread above, Paypal may reimburse up to $30 for return shipping.  I am in the process of returning, so we will see.  You have to activate the return feature in Paypal.  This link contains the info:  https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns    

Login to Me Too

Shinobo
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe there are so many people scammed in same way with a 32gb usb stick.

I don't understand way paypal is not banning the seller.

Anyway, this was my first and last time order from a mobile phone ad ( redirecting to some kind facebook shop)

Hope I'll get my refund soon.

Login to Me Too

AVILEV
New Community Member

I received 2 32gb disc on key, but there's no way to tell that they came from gogobuy. I've asked paypal for a complete refund. Lets see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

Exact same thing with me. PayPal finally stated that if I returned the item, and it was verified that they received it, I would get the full refund. I stated I was not going to pay the shipping. They then put me to PayPal Credit (just like a credit card) - the people that paid for the drive. After explaining everything to them (and I was irritated), they stated that they would issue me a full credit. I told them that GoGoBuy could email me a shipping label if they wanted the drive back......I didn't want it.

In a nutshell - looks like going to the company that paid and let them handle it.

Login to Me Too

Radwyn
Contributor
Contributor

Yep same thing they send out 32GB or 16GB cheap plastic sanflash drives worth under $10 instead of 2TB SSD worth $100 on Amazon total scam intentional trying to force us to return items worth nothing certainly of less v as lue  less than the hassle of the return process to avoid a proper refund

So they make a profit as the goods they send are overstoccked old tech that is of no real value

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

I think you give them too much credit. These are not overstocked items. They are items they use to specifically scam you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.