Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

selva99
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a SSD 2gb and I received a usb flash 32gb. I have sent them an email asking for a refund.

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

You won't get it. Read all the complaints here  - there are dozens just like you (and me).

Talking with PayPal will probably not get you far - a partial refund and getting stuck with the shipping. I got mine back by going to the bank that paid for it and doing a charge-back (I actually used Pay Pal Credit - which is different than PayPal).

Login to Me Too

Jonsey15
Contributor
Contributor

Hello to all,

I have the same problem as you all as well.

I ordered headphones and got different ones as I paid for. gogobuy has offered me also just 5-15 US Dollar of 45 dollar as refund and I could keep the unwanted headphones. I refused and contacted paypal.

Paypal decided that I will get the money back and I will get the shipping cost´s over paypal back.

I will let you know how it worked out.

Login to Me Too

Moote
Contributor
Contributor
Just had a 100% refund including the return postage, PayPal resolution centre works
Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

Was that PayPal or PayPal credit? - big differance.

Login to Me Too

DJWilliams
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Gerbils, Reference: Was that PayPal or PayPal credit? - big differance. I think it was PayPal. Can you please explain the difference? Best regards, David
Login to Me Too

DJWilliams
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 x 2TB SSD Drives and received 2 x 32GB USB Memory Sticks. They then had a neck to offer me a partial discount. I can't understand how they are allow to operate through PayPal with all the scams.

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

I have emailed GOGOBUY several times informing them I have no intention of taking a percentage of what I paid plus paying the freight on a product I did not order and they are trying to scam me with. I made it clear that I would do a chargeback. My purchase was with PayPal Credit (completely different than PayPal). PayPal Credit is the Synchrony Bank (used to be GE Capital)....nothing to do with PayPal. No different than any VISA or Mastercard. Going through them, they can do the complete credit as part of their services is to guarantee you get the product you ordered.

Now, GOGOBUY sees I am serious (and has probably been informed by Synchrony Bank of my dispute), and this morning I received the following from GoGo, "could you please cancel the dispute first and  we will refund you immediately once we get your reply." I emailed them back stating I would pull the dispute once they gave me the credit.

Frankly I was surprised to see this, but vendors don't like charge backs. Finally a credit card will not allow them to use the cards as a means for payment, and that hurts them!

SO - either through the bank or through GoGo, I am getting a total refund ......and I will guess get to keep the 32g thumb drive (although I have no use for it, as I have plenty).

NOTE: In previous posts I might have stated Synovous bank, in error. It is Synchrony Bank - the old GE Capital.

Login to Me Too

DJWilliams
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Geebold,

Thanks for the explanation. I have my cc linked with PayPal so they are just debiting my card. However, I have just received an email from PayPal that they are crediting my transaction with GOGOBUY. Ye! 🙂

To be honest, I've have a few issues recently with scams and PayPal has always refunded me once I provided the information they asked for. I find it easy to deal with PayPal. I have never had a need to lodge a dispute with my CC Company so don't know how easy that would be. 

Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

I travel a lot (and a lot overseas). I have 10-12 credit cards. It is VERY easy to do a chargeback. That's one of the benefits of using a CC. You may wish to look at PayPal credit. I use it as my "default" method os paying when possible. Frankly, it is the best deal in town. Any charge over $100 (I believe that is the amount), they will carry you for 4 months interest free.

They haqve another program, too. My Rolex was stolen. Insurance paid. But, I bought the Submariner using PayPal credit who finances large purchases, interest free, for 24 months. I banked the insurance $ in my investments. Beware:don't be late with a payment. They are very good in forming you that a payment is upcoming and the amount.

Been great.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.