cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller gogobuy scam.

Contributor

Re: Seller gogobuy scam.

Not really. They stated I had to return the item (at my expense.....to China), and after the company confirmed they received it, they would send a refund.

I received help when I went to the bank that paid for the item (the credit card company.....or in my case, PayPal Credit). PayPal credit has nothing to do with PayPal. It is actually Synchrony Bank (the old GE). So an account with PayPal credit is a virtual credit card, and as a credit card we have the ability to do a charge back if the item is not correct. Go to your cedit card company!

Highlighted
Contributor

Please read my post on GOGO BUY's strategy.

Paypal didn't help me very much. 

Highlighted
Contributor

PLEASE file a dispute with PayPal. They tried telling me today there hadn’t been enough reports regarding this seller to have any issues. They refused to give me my money back. I either had to take half and keep the wrong/super cheap made crap or pay for intl shipping for a full refund. The company straight up tells you PayPal won’t give you your money back and recommends taking their fraction of the cost offer off of the PayPal platform. I will most likely be closing my account due to this and the lack of protection for the buyers they swear exists. I have NEVER been burned so badly using PayPal. What a major scam this company is running. No wonder they haven’t been shut down, everyone gets a cut so why would PayPal care?
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi there I had the same issue with PayPal. Complete waste of time. I went through my credit card and they did a charge back. Gogobuy had 41days to counter claim. Amazingly they didn’t do got a full refund. Worth a try Regards
Highlighted
Contributor

"They tried telling me today there hadn’t been enough reports regarding this seller to have any issues."

THAT has to be a joke?   This feed is now continuous with reports of a blatant scam from GOGOBUY who I think are probably trading under other names as well?  As PayPal obviously do not read this feed, we can safely discuss our exit from this system when convenient to do so?

Highlighted
Contributor

Yep total crap.. I filed my dispute, sent my item back, PayPal paid me back for the shipping, but then won't refund the cost of the actual wrong item I sent back saying there was not enough evidence in the return shipping.. they have to be in on the scam!
Highlighted
Contributor

No.  PayPal asked me to send it back to China with a tracking number.  The USPS said they can only track it so far and once it gets to China, they cannot tell if or when it will get delivered!  Such BS.  Also, my product was $56 and to ship it back it would be $142.00!!

Highlighted
New Community Member

Identical thing happened to me. Order SSD got 32GB thumb drive. A scam and fraud.

Highlighted
Contributor

I have exactly the same issue.

The vendor in this case has required that the articles be returned with delivery confirmation.
I can send the items valued at about $7.00 back but the charge is about $13.50. However with the required tracking and delivery confirmation the cost is about $35.00. I am not going to throw another $35.00 at this problem.
I believe that this is a deliberate strategy of the vendor to cheat customers out of their money, and as I find this group it becomes even more obvious.

Highlighted
Contributor

Exactly the same for me, now have 2x 32GB drives I don’t want!!!

No help from seller so going down PayPal route first then if no luck through credit card company.