Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

redram38
Contributor
Contributor

I have bought plenty from China that was legit, you call it tat I call it advertising something it is not to purposely scam people. Like I said PayPal chose to do business with a company that continues to scam people and I bet you if I try to buy something from the same company using Paypal, they would still be allowing it. That makes Paypal Liable IMO

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@redram38 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor
It is not Chinese tat people are paying for when they place the order and pay for it but the seller is sending tat that is completely different to what was advertised!
Login to Me Too

Moote
Contributor
Contributor

Having the issue here too, I think Facebook needs to start taking responsibility for adverts they allow to be published, anyhow PayPal are behaving professionally about this and I think everyone should be claiming via PayPal so the scam is shut down

Login to Me Too

Socialnotwork
Contributor
Contributor
It's a free country and if I want to buy something from a seller who PayPal work on behalf of that's my perogative. Your definition of tat may well be different to many others and if PayPal are acting on their behalf and offering buyer protection that's for them to decide, what does this have to do with you?
Login to Me Too

redram38
Contributor
Contributor

Got my Refund from PayPal yesterday

Login to Me Too

eagerm
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 2 1TB SSD drives for $70, received a package with earbuds.  Given that several other people have ordered the SSD but received something else, it seems that their shipping the incorrect items is a standard procedure, not an accident.

I contacted them at the email address on a card in the package.  They offered to refund $24 and I keep the unwanted earbuds.  I refused, asked for ordered product or refund.   They replied that if I returned the unwanted items (at my cost), they would refund $30. This is the same amount that they offered through PayPal.  They said they would not send the SSD drives ordered.

I've submitted a refund request through PayPal.  It isn't clear whether PayPal's "Return Shipping on Us" can be used:  the FAQ says that you need to request shipping before requesting a refund. 

PayPal should kick out GOGOBUY and reverse all fraudulent charges.

Login to Me Too

CarlosMT
Contributor
Contributor
So after a while, i've been finally noticed about a total refund. Plus i will be refunded mostly for the shipping cost of returning the crap (i'll get back 30 of 35 euros). So -5€, worries and a lot of wasted time... that's the price for the lesson: to buy not whatever you see advertised in social media (facebook, instagram...) excepting from trustable platforms like Amazon. Good luck to everyone expecting for their refunds yet.
Login to Me Too

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor
There is another seller who is selling the same products on Facebook but I don't know if it is the same seller using a different name, Fastdia I think they are called.
Login to Me Too

Radwyn
Contributor
Contributor

Gogobuy seems to trade under about twenty different names so it's probably the same scam

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.