Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

MastrP
Yup, exactly same happened me but they are still on FB operating under gogo buy.biz..report the page! Reported as fake and blocked them!
Login to Me Too

KIRLAUR
Contributor
Contributor

I noticed today that the GoGoBuy shop site has disappeared

Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
Trust me I’ve notice they go under many aliases and PayPal won’t believe me
Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

My result is almost identical to others - Received a 16GB thumb drive plus a wireless music earphone instead of the ordered 1 TB SSD drive. Paid AUD 61.52 but what they have sent would be less than AUD 20.00 locally.  Now received an offer of $15  if I don't send it back; leaves me about AUD 35.00 down the tube.  It's a very deliberate FRAUD.  They also add -  "If you open a case, you still need to send it back for a full refund, we still don't offer postage fee for you.  But I don't recommend returning it.  The shipping cost is very expensive, and  it will take about a month to deliver the goods, and there is the  possibility of losing. "  The suggestion by them of "losing" is a hint they they will say they did not receive the goods !!! ???

Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Have been offered a USD 15.00 partial refund.  If I accept that, it will be a USD 11.98 loss to me.  If I send it back & get a full refund, the postage cost will be USD 13.78 which I may or may not get back from Paypal as I joined their scheme after I found they had such an offer?

Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

I lodged a claim with PayPal; now, suddenly, I find my claim is closed and ruled in favour of the seller!  Need to backtrack and see what I did wrong?  Not happy and have left Feedback .....

Login to Me Too

VivGM
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I stuffed up big time!  This came in Christmas Eve and I missed this deadline & that will be why they closed the case!  I originally estimated the goods at less than $20.00; now looking more like $7.  I am now obviously not going to get the USD 15.00 offered; so they are laughing all the way to the bank - disappointment all around .....  

from PayPal

GOGOBUY has offered you a partial refund of $15.00 USD to resolve this claim. Please log in to the Resolution Centre and accept or deny this offer before 2 January 2020.

To add to this problem, Facebook is telling me:

How do I report scammers or suspicious activity I see in Facebook messages?
This feature isn't available to everyone right now.

PayPal and Facebook are not my favourite people right now ......

Login to Me Too

Alko
Contributor
Contributor
Dear paypal, Making your customer accept the partial refund by gogobuy shows that you are not interested in stopping these fraudulent business practices of your merchants. Why would we accept a partial refund when they have sent a wrong item. It's like ordering a pair of shoes and you end up getting a pair of gloves? Do you think thats fine???!! Just read all the posts in this thread and you will see how gogobuy scams people of their money THROUGH paypal. I wouldn't be buying the junk that they sent me if thats what they advertised in their website. Paypal should give us a full refund and block gogobuy from doing business with them,rather than take their side. What you are doing right now makes us think you are an accomplice in this scam.
Login to Me Too

Starcalibur
Contributor
Contributor
I hear y’a!! They scammed me by sending me a fake replica of clothes they promoted on their website! And claims of cellulite control and mesh patent whatever but that’s not true! The elastic band did not even fit the elastic area it was so small. Been fighting this with PayPal for over a month if not two. GOGOBUYONLINE shoes as emakegoodlife in the transaction. They offered 5$ refund and laughed! They would not pay for the return and PayPal only offered a max of 30$ when it would cost 100$! Finally after dispute PayPal sent me a full refund offer from seller if I returned it . They asked me to wait for English translation of the Chinese email, I waited and waited couldn’t reach them by phone, next thing I know I get a message PayPal denied my claim cos not similar doesn’t apply!! Wow . I’ve followed directions of the reps I spoken to, I’m really mad at this and I will keep fighting for my refund of 144$ cnd! I’ve just returned the item regular mail since it’s all the shipping cost they would refund! Jesus PayPal is supporting scammers and I WAS NOT WE ARE NOT protected! I’m making a complaint to BBB , I urge all of u to do the same and probably deleting my account. My bank said they would of helped if not been fine with PayPal !... sigh
Login to Me Too

sonamd
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue I ordered a 1TB SSD portable drive and I got a 16 Gb usb stick and a set of imitation Airpods. The offered me initially 8 USD for "compensation" and after I refused they offered my 10 USD as "compensation". It is definitely a scam. I have filed a complaint with PayPal and hopefully I will get a full refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.