Seller gogobuy scam.

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone had purchasing problems with the seller gogobuy ? I bought an item from them and they sent me a totally different item, they are offering me a partial refund and to keep the item which I have no interest in. Has anyone else had problems with this seller?

Login to Me Too
214 REPLIES 214

Jimdon72
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal refunded me when I uploaded pictures of the parcel with the return address from them, the postage label and the tracking information.
Login to Me Too

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor

Just spoken to an advisor. Told they will not pay postage as its the buyers responsibility to send the item back and get a refund for the purchase price only. Been quoted equivalent of $40 US to send back for a refund of $44.98.

so will still be out of pocket. I explained to the representative that Paypal are facilitating and perpetuating a fraud but she was not interested. Paypal are fine if things are ok but when there is a dispute they are as much use as a chocolate Fireguard.

Anyway will have to chalk this one down as a life experience. There are plenty of people worse off than me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Gpuk 

They WILL refund you a contribution if you have activated the below link.

You send it back and then make a claim.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Gpuk
Contributor
Contributor
Checked again. Max refund £15. Cheapest return tracker is £30. As I said PayPal not interested as they’re getting their commision
Login to Me Too

wginneke
Contributor
Contributor

same issue,

ordered 2 2tb ssd's and got 2 32gb sticks. first they would refund me 4$, then 4$ each, 7$ each, 10$ each, but I refused and used Paypal's buyer proctection. sent the items back today and now waiting for refund. glad I paid with paypal!

Login to Me Too

LisaPhillips11
Contributor
Contributor

I can’t seem to activate this link myself. I’m assuming with the name like yours you’re from Cornwall so it can’t be because I’m in the wrong country as I’m a Kernow girl too 😌

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LisaPhillips11 

Yes but my post was replying to a US user that posted and so it was the US link i posted.

If you want the UK link then............

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LisaPhillips11
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you 

Login to Me Too

CarlosMT
Contributor
Contributor
Some of you said you got the returning postage cost refunded by Paypal. Can you tell me how?
Login to Me Too

Geebold
Contributor
Contributor

I was thinking the exact same thing. That's why I am glad the "bank" is giving me a complete refund. Let GOGOBUY come up with a UPS label if they want the damn thing back!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.