Seller giving a different return address

Ggirl28
Contributor
Contributor
I already sent my item back after the seller said I could she then refused to refund in the claim and left the comment "yeah maybe when I get back into town I might refund you!" After I shipped back the item and it showed delivery. Now I get a email from pp and it says I have to send the item back so since I did I entered the number . however this time for the return address the seller gives me another address but in the same town/zip code because she loves to play games which she's been doing from the start. When I look up tracking on USPS it shows item delivery to the same city state and zip as the 2nd address. So is PayPal able to see the original address and if so did my seller just **bleep** me out of my refund by providing a different return address than the first ? Pay pal said they have to wait till she reply back saying she has the item even though tracking shows it was delivered already .
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Curry1220
Contributor
Contributor

Curry1220
Contributor
Contributor

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To get the refund,you have to return the item to the address she has with PAYPAL,because once it is delivered,Paypal robot will take your tracking and check with the carrier website,if it is under $750,then the zipcode must match.

if $750 or more,there should be signature confirmation.

Now you said Paypal is waiting to hear from seller if she has indeed received her item despite tracking shows it has been delivered.

what makes Paypal so cautius?Robot usually does the refund unless you told them you shipped to a different address?

Is this an Ebay sales,did she tell you to ship to a different address via ebay message system,if so,hold on to it,you may need Ebay .

(I am a veteran seller,my return address on shipping label  is a mail box with a mail station in my neighbor hood ,but if a buyer wants to return the item,I would give them my home address as I dont check my mail box often and the 2 addresses haev different zipcodes.it all depends on how honest the seller is)

if you lose,then file chargeback with your credit card issuer if you have used a credit card,once a seller gave me 3 addresses for selling some fake jewelry,I won the chargeback,I dont even have to return the fake jewelry,it is worth less anyway)

Login to Me Too

Ggirl28
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for your reply .
The zip city and state are all the same in both addresses and it shows it delivered. Onced I entered the number to prove it was shipped I guess that's all they need to see is the same city state and zip because that's all USPS shows me any way. I got my money refunded with ten minutes of sending in the tracking information. I never shop on line anywhere other than Amazon or very well known sites and this is why . buying things from postmark ,eBay ,mercari etc seems more trouble than its worth and this is why. Sellers like her give the good honest ones a bad name .
Login to Me Too

leonemagicone

The seller told me to send the faulty iPhone to their address. They received it. Australia Post tracking number and signature showed they received it. The seller told me they got it in an eBay conversation. Paypal told me to send it to an address attached to the sellers Paypal account but I had already sent it. Paypal said they would not take screenshots of the eBay conversations as proof. The conversation said where the seller wanted it sent, that they received it and that they would refund my money.

I wonder if that is all that the seller has to do to sell faulty goods and get away with it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.