Seller escalated to claim, but no response

txshan130
Contributor
Contributor

I started a paypal dispute today and the seller escalated to a claim right away. I got an email saying the seller provided a response, but I do not see one when I go to the case. What can I do now? And how does paypal decide who is in favor?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@txshan130 

Once escalated you can no longer add or read responses which must have been done just before the seller escalated.

If it was a dispute for non receipt then the seller would have to provide trackable proof of delivery.

If it was for not as described then paypal will read the messages sent before it was escalated to decide and would view any descriptions of the item on the invoices etc when you paid.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

txshan130
Contributor
Contributor

Do I need to contact paypal though or will they reach out to me? In my initial dispute post, I was just trying to talk to the seller and didn't really post everything I had to say. Clearly, he doesn't not want to talk at all and is acting like a child. Is there some way I can upload photos or evidence?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.