Seller demands I return a virtual product and provide tracking number.

Jlwilk39
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone, 

So bottom line- I was scammed. 

The product was guaranteed 500 followers for an Instagram promotion. I did not receive these followers, and the seller ignored any inquiries. They stole my money. 

The dispute and then claim is pretty solid. I have screenshots to prove everything. However the seller is offering my money back only with tracking information for a "return of the product". I have written multiple times that this is impossible because I received no product, and it was supposed to be a virtual product in the first place. It says that Paypal will close the case if I don't provide tracking info. This is not possible. 

Please help. 

Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
This proves in my mind at least, that PP resolution center is runned by a machine. You need to contact PP customer service via chat and explain. To buy more time, you can upload photos of screen shots in place of tracking number, or a photo of note saying you can’t ship virtual product.
Login to Me Too

Jlwilk39
Contributor
Contributor
Okay good ideas. Since the "seller" scammed me I was thinking of just mailing a box and uploading the tracking number. They know I have nothing to send so they would not be expecting it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.