Seller cannot issue refund until claim is closed

Nvltyplyr
Contributor
Contributor

On two occasions, the seller was only able to provide a partial order.  I asked for a refund for the part of the order that was not available/received.

The seller said they could not send a refund until the case was closed, mentioning there is a hold on the funds, and asked me to close the case.  

The first case I closed, trusting that the seller would send the refund, which they never did.  The case I currently have open, the seller is asking me to close the case (again) saying they'll ship my order and issue a refund for the part of the order that was no longer available.  I haven't yet received a tracking number, although the seller said that it's coming.  If I do get the order, how do I get the refund if the seller said the refund cannot be issued until the case is closed?

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sidemouse
Contributor
Contributor

That depends where the case is open, I am assuming ebay but it could be amazon, facebook, paypal, bonanza, etsy, who knows where else...

That being said I am pretty sure that regardless of venue, if YOU close the case you will lose your refund.

It is sad a seller would be giving you this advice, however there is never a shortage of scum sellers who will give a buyer bad advice simply so they don't have to issue the refund.

So if the case is open on Paypal:
What's Next?

You have 20 days from the date you opened the dispute to resolve it with your seller. If your seller isn't responding or you can't come to a resolution, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. If you escalate your dispute, PayPal will review it and decide the outcome. If we need additional information from you, or need you to take action, we will email you. You can check the status of your dispute at any time in the Resolution Center.

But...

If this case is open on ebay, then after the last day the case will time out after which you can escalate by asking ebay to step in.

There is a deadline to all of this, so you will want to check in to your case daily from your end.

If you need to speak to someone, in this case you should probably contact the venue's customer support.

Chances are the seller will issue the refund "voluntarily" at the last minute before it times out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.