Seller cancelled Ebay transaction, but I paid with PayPal Echeque

Kaze11
Contributor
Contributor
Hi guys, So I purchased a lens on Ebay recently, and processed the payment via PayPal with the funds being paid from my bank account (echeque), I'm aware this takes a few days before it clears and is taken from my bank account, but then the seller cancelled the transaction before the funds cleared, because they said 'they needed to travel for suddenly for 5 days so they'd be cancelling the order'. Now I'm not sure what's happening because the money was cleared from my account 2 days ago, so I messaged the seller and he said I needed to accept the cancellation first on Ebay for the payment to be retracted, but I'm hesitant to do this because if I confirm cancellation on Ebay it only gives me two check boxes to choose from and those are: 1. I didnt pay for this order Or 2. I paid for this order and received a refund And none of these options apply to me because I've paid for it but I haven't recieved a refund yet. Do the funds need to clear into his account first before he can then refund me? Or do I actually have to accept the Ebay cancellation prompt before PayPal refunds my payment to me ? Or after the payment clears to the seller through some kind of waiting period (although it has already been taken from my bank account) will PayPal then automatically refund it to me due to the transaction being cancelled? Thanks alot of anyone's input as I'm a little stressed about not receiving my refund and am not sure what to to.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Kaze11, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

I would recommend reaching out to eBay directly and they will be able to tell you which option you should choose to ensure the funds are returned to you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.